Two pattern change questions: MIDI messages and odd time signatures

I have a Mozaic script on my iPad that’s made to send PC messages 0-128 to my Elektron boxes. That covers banks A-H fine. With the addition of the OT, I wanted to edit the script so I could also send PC messages for banks I-P. When I hook the OT up to a MIDI monitor, it seems that if the OT is sending the same PC changes for banks A-H that it is for I-P. It’s also sending 2 different MIDI messages

This is for pattern A01. If I then go to any other pattern in banks A-H, the first thing with the BF is no longer triggered.

CH:16 Ctl Num: 0 Val: 0
14:29:46.630 - BF 00

CH: 16 Program Change: 000
14:29:46.630 - CF 00

When I go from banks A-H to banks I-P, the first message is similar to the first one above, but instead of BF 00 it says BF 00 01. Any messages after that for banks I-P mirror the A-H banks in terms of PC change value.

So my question is: What’s the deal with the BF thing?

Also, I’ve noticed that occasionally, I’ll trigger the PC in Mozaic, for example for pattern G09, and it will load fine on the Digi boxes, but for some reason, it’ll trigger O09 instead on the OT.

Another question: I have a song in 5/4, so each pattern is 40 steps long. I want to have the patterns change after 10 beats, but I can only do factors and multiples of 16. Is there no way to get it to change after other beats rather than based on pattern length?

A bank message AFAIK.
You should be able to change pattern IP sending a bank change message on channel 16.
B means Control Change, F channel 16, 00 is bank CC.

Apparently same program change value, but a different bank.

2 Likes

I’ll check out the bank change functions of Mozaic.

As for the pattern length thing, that’s not what I was looking for, actually. That guy made a least common multiple calculator for the OT, though, which I totally forgot about. I’m going to use it to show my 6th graders (who I’m literally quizzing on LCM this week) an actual application of the concept!

I’m actually trying to change the pattern chain behavior. In the pattern settings, you can set the chain behavior. I want to set it to 10 (as opposed to 16 for my 4/4 stuff).

Previously on Elektronauts:

What do you mean by “I can only do factors and multiples of 16”. Do you mean that this is a limitation of the Mosaic script?

The OT can change pattern according to the pattern scale setting in Normal mode or according to the Master Length setting in Per Track mode.

3 Likes

The mozaic thing was a separate question from the pattern change. I am getting that the answer is no. Haha.

I’ll check the other thread. Thanks!