Two Minutes of Reaktor Weirdness on YouTube

I’ve started doing the Reaktor videos again this year - the first one is up on YT. This time it’s a whole set of ensembles - the Biohazard Series by OreKore, that are a superb and extremely twisted noise machines. Do you want to score a movie about a reactor meltdown, nightmares lurking in the deeps of the oceans or a waking up Cthulhu? These are for you! :smiling_imp:

I’m thinking about doing a more in-depth video about one of them - Kursk probably, but please let me know, which one would you like to get TMORW treatment :).

7 Likes

A new Reaktor ensemble video of He Morph Here by Paule - a resurrection of an old gem by the great Lazy Fish. Superb for generative noise synthscapes and atmospheres.

4 Likes

Thanks for putting these out!

I just counted - if I would put up a video every week - it would take more that 100 years to cover all of the ensembles in the User Library :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Anyone know which ensembles that squarepusher uses?

I’m sure they’re custom made - and as far as I saw on some forums he used Reaktor a long time ago…

1 Like

Here is a new Reaktor video - this time about a fun sequencer ensemble with per-step parameters and cool live effects :). It’s Booglebeat 2 by Matthew Todman.

3 Likes

Just added YT chapters to all the movies and a new one is coming in a day or two - this time a wicked Reaktor sequencer :).

Check the other movies here: http://bit.ly/sonochristof_TMORW

Here we go - a Markov-chain based sequencer. Markov-chains - in a nutshell - are models of sequences where the state of an event is determined by the previous event. They are used for auto-generative music and in music analysis. They provide an interesting way of controlling the chaos of standard probability sequencers. Fun little ensemble :)

5 Likes

After getting a very basic (but not that easy to find a solution quickly) question about Reaktor usage, I’m thinking about making a short video series on the very basics of Reaktor for beginners - like what the heck is it:), why the many plugin versions, Reaktor full vs Reaktor Player, how to use it as an effect, instrument and a sequencer in all major DAWs…

Did you have any of these basic problems or questions regarding Reaktor? :slight_smile: What information would you like to be easier accessible?

1 Like

These are brilliant videos, presentation is top-notch. Please keep them coming.

I have Reaktor but haven’t given it the attention it deserves. I usually open it up to use Monark and Fruit Shake, but there’s a whole world of sequencers and sound design that I want to get my grubby mitts on.

I don’t have any specific questions, just need to dive in!

1 Like

I’m doing a small giveaway to celebrate over 180 subscriptions of my channel - if you are interested please go to sonochristof.com/giveaway for more details. It involves being a subscriber to my channel and subscribing to a newsletter. Thanks to all my subscribers!

The giveaway has ended and we have a winner - who was contacted. After getting the confirmation all the participants will receive an email with the results. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Subscribed.

1 Like