Two digitakts and overbridge

I’m thinking about getting a second DT, but i’m wondering if i will be able to use both at the same time with overbridge (when it’s finally out). Any info on that?

It was possible with original Overbridge devices, so I would suggest it will also be for the next wave of OB devices on the forthcoming release

2 Likes

the new “two turntables and a microphone”?

2 Likes

With the current speed of development of overbridge you might be waiting a long time for this functionality. I think it’s better to base your decision on the current capabilities of the digitakt and not what it may have in the future. Who knows how long it may be and if it will support what you want. There has been 0 news about any of this.

3 Likes

true that. i love my digitakt, but always run out of tracks quickly. so a second one would be perfect, but having to record all tracks one by one in the DAW can be a bit cumbersome. so if overbridge will allow to stream 16 tracks simultaneously i will consider getting a second one.

Hey guys is this possible ?

Any updates on this?

I’m quite interested in this as a possible workflow.

Yes it’s possible.
You could use 303 digitakts through overbridge simultaneously if your computer can handle it.

1 Like

But OB can only allow for the capture of 8 simultaneous Audio tracks to be recorded into the DAW, right?

Also, I don’t fully understand why you would control the DT via the OB app. Seems to defeat the purpose of working with hardware. Am I missing something here? :thinking:

With DT, 8 of the tracks, stereo input and main output simultaneously. The purposes of OB are plenty. Arrangement, automation wizardry etc.

If you use overbridge vst you can load as many OB vst instances as you have Elektron devices supporting it.

You could even load multiple OB Vst’s with only one digitakt but it wouldn’t make much sense to do so :wink:

You can see me here, recording 42 audio tracks simultaneously with OB:

2 Likes

Whoa! Thanks. :exploding_head:

I’m definitely going to have to study these videos to get my workflow down. Thank you! :pray:

1 Like

Have fun exploring! :slight_smile: