Twisted Electrons Blastbeats

It’s definitely not the MegaFM, it has much more sliders…, the buttons say:

The LED matrix in the beginning looks like from their Octopus sequencer module.

My educated guess…it’s 2x that Soundblaster Yamaha FM chip mentioned above plus Octopus sequencer, with many sliders in a box. A MegaFM Mk2 maybe, that can be used as FM drummachine, as mentioned above? Very interesting …!:face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

Looks like a 6 operator MegaFM - if in any way possible…?

If he used the YM262…it’s only 4 Operator FM.

1 Like

Right but it was the 6 sets of faders in the video I was referring to. Could be for something else though.

Multistage envelopes?

header banner on their site
and the slightly tweaked version:

someone better at that than me might be able to better extract the front

18 Likes

Haha, nice.
“Zoom in… Enhance…”

11 Likes

Can definitely see: bd, sd, tom, ch, oh, cym?, synth?, synth?, synth?, synth?

Looks like a drum machine :raised_hands:

9 Likes

And song controls – it’s a groove box!

3 Likes

Oh how interesting!

Yep, FM drummachine. 8 Tracks. Nice!
Companion for M:C.

3 Likes

An FM drummachine or groove box with both synth and drums?

1 Like

Looks like it’s both. I wonder where that LED matrix is and if they really included Octopus features.
There seem to be only a few FM Algos. Reduced compared to the Mega FM.

5 vs 8

Thread set to: Tracking

4 Likes

Looks like it might have 10 tracks. Hopefully! :joy:

2 Likes

Slightly related:

If you haven’t heard of Ken Shirriff, he has some amazing videos on YT (and CuriousMarc !)

1 Like

Yeah from looking at it now I think the octopus may have just been used as a prop in the promo video, considering you see other eurorack stuff in the second shot.

1 Like

ran it through an online “AI enhancer” which did almost nothing but maybe cleaned up some of the text…anyway, overlaying what i’m pretty sure the bits are saying. uncertain stuff is “? ?” and i didn’t bother with the more obvious bits…lower right corner is in the video i think?

anyway you’ll notice the lines above each set of sliders connect between ‘bd carrier’ and ‘bd modulator’ which makes sense…but then ‘snare’ and ‘bass tom/? ?’ are each separate (also not sure that says ‘bass’ before tom…the text after is maybe oh/ch? just guessing). then the synth op1 -4 are all connected with that line above them. i’m assuming this means something but maybe not? first thoughts are that there are 4 ‘voices’ at all times…a bass drum voice, a snare voice, a tom/others voice, and a synth voice. given this is based on some chips as mentioned above, perhaps each is one chip? (idk how that works tbh).

already into speculation out of my depth so i’ll shut up and post for now :slight_smile: maybe some of y’all are seeing the rest i couldn’t make out

3 Likes

Cymbal ?

121221 just sounds like the release date, not the name of the synth

4 Likes