Tutorial Video, using Octatrack as a Send in Ableton

Here’s my approach to using the Octatrack together with Ableton. The goal was to make it easy to pick and choose what goes into the Octatrack, while also leaving room to jump back into computer-based arrangement.

5 Likes

Great tutorial; really fun, but I am missing one element that prevents me from using my mic:
I can’t hear the OT through my headphones…

Left the OT Track, which I can’t hear via my headphones, to the right the returntrack. If I choose 1-2 for Line Outputs, I hear the OT, but the OT hears itself as well.

I want to hear the OT through my headphones, without having the OT hear himself. Any ideas?

1 Like

@Zhaomusic not sure if you’re still active here, but I’ve read you’re using a different interface. Any idea?

I’m not 100% exactly sure what your setup is like, but the first thing I would check is whether you have direct monitoring active in your Mixer page on the octatrack. If this is the case, my method in the video will cause feedback. Direct monitoring of the AB/CD inputs should be at “0” - that way you can monitor via the interface, but still sample what you hear into the Octatrack.

1 Like