Turntables to sample

Hey!

I think I’d like to start listening through all my vinyl again, see if I can find stuff to work with. While my LPs remained, I got rid of my old turntables decades ago. I need something new:

• I would need a line out to sample directly into Mpc/Blackbox/deluge
  • Don‘t need it portal in a way to take it with me, but in a way to put it aside, when I don’t need it.
  • would like to spend not more money then a really need to

Any ideas? Maybe cheaply turntable but good pickup? Names/links?

Thanks a lot!

You might not be able to sample directly without also getting a preamp of some kind. The new MPC’s (Live, X) have built in a preamp. Don’t think the Blackbox or Deluge do.

So line out of modern turntables is different then line out of synths! I thought they already come with frequency correction.

Sorry i didn’t read the 1st point properly.

Yes some turntables do have a Line Out instead of Standard Phono.

Although apparently…

“if the turntable has a line out it means it has an internal phono pre-amp but the internal ones are not usually that good”

1 Like

Check the Numark PT01, it´s small and can even run on battery. Has RCA and headphone out and can be modified to your liking (for example a different tonearm that works with standard Ortofon/Headshell needles). It´s around 120ish € new and it does the job especially if it´s really just for sampling. It´s as portable as it can get which you might not need but makes it easy to store at the same time. It´s a 7" platter but you can play 12" as well.
Reloop also has a portable turntable but I never tested it.

Reloop Spin, better than the numark ( not at the same price btw but not too expensive) you can directly rec on USB stick, that’s how i make my sample for model: sample

http://www.stantondj.com/stanton-turntables/t92usb.html

These have USB/SPDIF/Line and Phono

About £260

1 Like