Tune and volume difference depending on octaves

I´ve noticed two effects that I would like to understand and maybe avoid with the sound:

If you take a sound and play it across the keyboard, going to lower and higher octaves make it loss its tune and sometimes it´s impossible to play them together. Maybe this depends on the sound itself and I would like to know which parameter can be touched for this.

Other thing is that the sounds seem to play at higher volume at higher octaves than at the lower octaves, so the bass sounds quieter. I´ve tried several workarounds like selecting the same sound on the four tracks with different filter and octave settings but if I´m sequencing it from the Octatrack I sometimes like to send arps to the same Digitone track and the higher notes are louder. Can I do someting on this?

Thanks.

Volume difference might be related to the filter key tracking (in the sound setup menu) : basically, the higher the pitch, the more the filter opens.

1 Like

I’ll try that, thanks!

There is also Keyscaling for the FM Modulators. Just checked that out. Thats more as natural instruments behave.

I tried with the keyscaling and the filter keytracking, not sure if it worked (I don´t think so) but anyway sounded nice :slight_smile:.