Trying to Upgrade OS in A4 mk2

How do I do this?
My MacBook Pro doesn’t have an application to see the A4 OS 1.40A update thru USB?
A4 Window says Waiting for SYSEX. My unit is used, came with 1.35 I see.

Not sure what you mean by “see the update through usb”.

If nothing else works, you should be able to do it with command line tools, similar to FW upgrade from Linux

thanks. seems weird this would be an issue, there are a million MacBook users who have A4’s I am sure…

You need an application to send the SysEx firmware file to the Analog Four.

Use Elektron’s C6 application if you are on macOS 10.14 or earlier.

Use the third-party application SysEx Librarian if you are on 10.15.

1 Like

Anyone know a Mac app that I can download from Apple?

I am 10.14.6

will try and fetch C6

Peter, thanks!! You are great, it worked perfectly.

Have to remember the C6 App.

1 Like

Solved. Thanks to PeterHanes !!! worked flawless via USB = Used Elektron C6 app.

So, I have 1.40A loaded on A4 Mk-II.
I am trying to change the Track lengths in scale mode (as in new firmware), but it is not saving the different lengths when I play back. Track 1 = 8 Steps, Trk 2 = 11 Steps, Trk 3 = 32 Steps etc.

Way to go off-topic.

Are you using Normal Mode or Advanced Mode in the Scale Menu? See screenshots on pages 44 and 45 of manual.

1 Like

Sorry 'bout going off-topic, seemed easier just to add here, since its part of the firmware I was asking about.

If you read even the first three lines of the section of the manual I referenced, you would have the answer.

yes pretty simple if I just read the section. thanks

Analog Four: incredible ingenious instrument. Whoever designed this should have their brain in the Smithsonian. This and all the other Elektrons.