Try the Heat online

Try it on the News page
2 Likes

I just noticed the ā€œadditional settingsā€ mentionā€¦
Makes more sense :wink:

Itā€™s slick, nice one.

And the device sounds good.
I like the A4 thing the most, quite massive.

However, not entirely convinced yet :sleepy:

My favorite setting : Analog Rytm + Saturation, 25% Drive, 1 oā€™clock wet.
Switch on and off the Active button.

I canā€™t even explain that the reverb sounds betterā€¦
Throw your own favorite !!

1 Like

Sounds good. Donā€™t know if I need it enough to spend Ā£680 tho. Thatā€™s probably a fair price but Iā€™m pretty set for distortions already with pedals, preā€™s (among which the Art Mpa Gold is surprisingly good for stereo tube distortion) and ITB. Iā€™d be paying Ā£670 just to be able to p-lock analog stereo distortion. Which sounds like itā€™d be great but Iā€™d prob save the Ā£ and carry on using plugins like Kaya/SDRR/1073 for that ballpark. Itā€™s in the ā€˜yeah, Iā€™d love one but I can already do/achieve 99% of this, just less convenientlyā€™ category. But maybe videos/user feedback will be more convincing.

Mid drive, 1 oā€™clock, 60% on the 808 is sounding quite contemporary retro/romantic - shame they donā€™t have a 4 to the floor house beat to test it on.

Round Fuzz on the 808 is dope. I noticed that it sometimes also spreads the stereo width. Is this intended or not? If it would be possible to widen up signals with the stereo distortion, without phasing problems and loosing punch, this would be really cool.

Iā€™m interested to hear the EQ.

This web player is a cool idea I must say.

Would love to have this as just a plugin. :grin: Iā€™m afraid the metal box plus $800 is too much for me.

I miss Reasonā€™s Scream 4 now that Iā€™m all Ableton-ized.

It canā€™t be a plugin as itā€™s just samples : 24 (8 characters x 3 drive%) + the original loop :slight_smile:

Yeah, I get it. Iā€™m just dreaming. :grin:

this web plugin doesnt tell the whole story. The real trick of th AH is its envelope follower. You can use it as a compressor or expander. also the filter is self resonating, when you crank up the resonance. and the lfo goes up unto audio range of 2khz. this web plugin only covers a small fraction of the sound capabilities of the hardware.

2 Likes