Trouble with booting Digitone

My digitone freezes during the dissolve, and fails to start. I can boot into test mode, but any restart attempt ends in a frozen dissolve. The dissolve seems to always freeze at the same point when started the same way.

I was running 1.21, was able through test mode to update the firmware to 1.30. Failure still occurs.

Anyone have any experience like this?

browse here and contact Elektron support

1 Like

Had the same screen
With the little C on the left corner
Test mode report error and contact the support they’ll get you on track with what to do

1 Like

Thanks, I have contacted support, was just hoping there was a quick fix.

1 Like

I don’t think there is by the sound of it - but a quick tip to avoid this in the future is to not update in the fn/startup mode - doing it via the latest transfer app is best when the device is booted or use mid to send to the device (e.g. C6 or similar)

if there are any issues in the mode you updated/failed from it’s simply more prone for bricking - best avoided until necessary going fwd

what does the little C in the corner mean? i get that too, tho it then boots up fine (apart from one or two occasions when it has frozen and ive had to switch it off tghen back on again)

nothing the end user needs to know - it’s something only for Elektron in terms of some process revision at their end - various machines show a letter that tends to increment through a production run iirc

ah ok, thanks

1 Like