Trouble connecting Minilogue XD to Digitakt

My aim with this setup is to have the digitakt play the drum loops and samples whilst recording synth leads/melodies with the minilogue xd.
I want to be able to record these synth leads using the minilogues keyboard and record them into one of the digitakts midi channels and sequence it from the digitakt; messing with the sound from the minilogue xd.

The trouble I’m having is that when I play the minilogues keyboard it records the steps into the digitakt but no sound comes through.

I have midi out of the minilogue xd into midi in to the digitakt. I have the minilogue xd set to midi channel 10 and have midi channel B set to 10 as well.

Thanks to whoever read all this and I would be very grateful to whoever is willing to help.

Thanks,

Bailey

You also need to connect midi Out from the Digitakt into the XD Midi Out.

2 Likes

To add to what was said you also want to make sure you have the midi track and minilogue xd midi recive set to the same channel for it to recieve the midi signal from the sequenced track.

Plug the Midi Out of the Digitakt into Midi in of the Minilogue XD.
Plug the Midi Out of the Minilogue into Midi in of the digitakt.

Make sure global mute is turned off for that midi channel on the digitakt. (Purple light)
Make sure track mute is turned off on that midi channel ( green light)

Try to enter a sequence onto the DT midi using steps sequencer and get it to play from the ML XD.
If sound is coming out then everything all good.