Trigless trigs behavior when sequencing elektrons externaly

i sequence Digitone via Hapax and it’s fine, but i’m only using each track as a dedicated voice so no need to muck about with trigs or p-locks. can’t the T-1 send clock and transport sync to the Syntakt so you’re triggering its patterns without actually sequencing externally? redundant as others have noted but if you’re really wanting the Elektron stuff

Sorry but as already said, you can easily p-lock Syntakt while sequenced externally. I suggest you to read the manual or to directly stop working on hardware. In my humble opinion there is no reason to stick to hardware if you are not productive on it. I would work only on Mac if MD, MNM or Wavestate couldn’t give me great joy and musical ideas.

1 Like

Yeah I think you are right about using the sequencer within the groove box, but the T1 is really cool at just making interesting things happen by just turning knobs rather than actually having to write anything.
I will try a couple of other things but I don’t think any of the trig lock features work, but to be honest I am not a master at this Elektron thing.

1 Like

Hi I am aware that it works in a way but you have to hold down the trig to activate it, and also when I tried to use the ducking feature in the fix block I could not get this to work either, but as I have said I am not an expert and any help or advise is more than welcome, cheers

Could you record the output of the T1 into Syntakt Patterns, and then add p-locks?

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure you’ve worked out trigless trigs yet - it’s a weird one so not surprising for an Elektron newbie.

If you press FUNC+TRIG you get a trig (green one) that allows you to change parameters, but that doesn’t ‘trigger’ a note in the sequence. This should enable you to sequence externally but have the Elektron sequencer interject extra fun and games.

I think currently you’re just p-locking normal trigs.

Ohh ok maybe this might be the trick as I have been changing parameters while the buttons are yellow, I will try this when I get home, many thanks for the help mate :+1:t4:

1 Like

Here’s a video I made of the Digitone doing it in another thread (although yellow/green we might be talking about the same thing lol) Can i still use yellow trigs if externally sequenced? - #11 by natehorn

1 Like

I already tested with Syntakt : incoming midi notes uses default track settings, and the sound IS NOT modulated by plocks (trigless or not).

Unless there is a magic trick…

With midi processing I mapped notes to a CC that corresponds to Trig page NOTE value, Note on/off to Amp Vol.
Not perfect.

4 Likes

Ok cool thank you for this information, it’s a bit of a pain but maybe I just need to use the internal sequencer on the Syntakt and use the T1 on a synth, but it just seems a shame as I would really like a tight setup where I can manage a polyrhythmic type situation with minimal equipment, but it’s all good on wards and upwards, lol. Many thanks mate :+1:t4:

For all Elektrons, I think the trigless work during Release (after note off).
@natehorn would you make a demo with a long incoming note, modulated by trigless ? With DN.

No, just a question of habit !
And you can live record its keyboard with scale, happy accidents !

1 Like

Have you though about simply recording the sequences from T1 to the syntakt and then taking it from there on the syntakt itself?

1 Like

Happy to! Although it would have to be later today.

4 Likes

You can totally add trigless locks ontop of external note sequencing.
Ive done it with digitone, sequenced from OT arp, trigless locks on DN. Works very well.

Example somewhere here in this live set

3 Likes

Yeah will definitely try this, but I think moving forward I will just use the Syntakt in and of itself, cheers man :+1:t4:

1 Like

You have successfully connected to AOL

1 Like

Is it me just me being difficult or is this a silly limitation imposed by Elektron?

It’s not a limitation, it should work.

If it isn’t working, I’d wager it’s a bug

1 Like

Or user error.