Trig+yes to preview p-locked trig [Implemented DT OS 1.20 / DN OS 1.30]

TRIG+YES

TRIG+YES 2: Previewing MIDI notes

44 Likes

Does this work for sound locks?

1 Like

I wish :stuck_out_tongue:. This isn’t implemented yet. I just recorded a video where I pretend it works, then added in audio after the fact. This feature would speed up my workflow by at least 100x, I think!

8 Likes

…i was about to wonder… :wink:

pretty convincing…

3 Likes

Lol, I thought something was strange here… it really would be good!

3 Likes

Thanks @reeloy! Yeah, it would be awesome.

Right now my workaround is to go out of edit mode, press the track button while tweaking the filter, and when I find the settings I want, I go into grid edit mode and p-lock the current settings. Then I reset the filter-page (or whatever page I changed) back to the old values, and continue on to the next step. It would be incredibly streamlined if you could just preview the currently p-locked values instead of having to wait for the playhead to reach that trig.

3 Likes

You should definitely send an email to Elektron’s feature request address (forget what it is exactly) and include the video as an example of how cool it would be!

4 Likes

I think I’ll do that! I’ll look around for it, thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Found it: feature-request@elektron.se

4 Likes

Ah, thanks a lot!

4 Likes

PLEASE ELEKTRON !!!
@Eaves
You can write my name in that email aswell🙂

2 Likes

I mean this video will surely help. While it’s on a DT, this should be a feature on all Elektrons. Maybe not the Model series, since there would be more reason to upgrade, but if this gets applied to the DT you can just imagine how OT owners would feel :joy:

Also could be very useful for DN as well.

Damn this is like the coolest feature I never knew I needed but it’s so obviously another way for Elektron to differentiate itself in the market.

5 Likes

I agree, it would be great on more than just the Digitakt. On the Digitone it could be used to preview not just the parameter locks, but also what chord a trig is going to play. It would also be way easier to do more complex drums using sound locks. Adjusting parameters on 1 trig without a preview option is practically just shooting in the dark. Unless that trig happens to be early on in the sequence!

5 Likes

if this ever gets implemented I’ll cry tears of joy

6 Likes

I agree so much with this!!

1 Like

Welcome @Don_Murowski! I’m glad you and @Anfim agree :laughing:

Trig + Yes: Yes + Please

6 Likes

yes please! small feature that would make a big difference

1 Like

…even in ot and takt, which are the most sqeezed out headroom os’s…this should work to be implemented…i guess…

1 Like

That is my hope, too. No idea how hard it is to implement, but hopefully CPU limitations isn’t an issue.