Trig-activated track muting of analog keys

the manual front panel section just said the func+sound button as trig activated track muting function,there is nothing more about this in whole munual could make things understand cleanly;i also find in the image outlining the signal path of Analog Keys, voice structure was a little bit different, there is a mute between vca/pan and main out put that the analog four doesn’t have.
Could anybody tell me the missing information of manual, please! And thanks!

There is no trig-to-mute relationship that I know of other than using trigs to control volume on amp page.
The Keys has individual outs, this may be something similar to the way RYTM allows “muting” of each voice going to the direct outs, and/or mains (fx)

The Analog Four/Keys has trig mutes.
The trig mute button is right next to the bank group button, bank a/e.
Hold a trig and press trig mute button (same button combination to remove trig mute) or press function + trig mute to open trig mute menu where you can put in several trig mutes or remove them. This trig/step step is now muted.

Is that what you were looking for?

Also Function + Track Button mutes a track ofc.

No!
I’m talking the other thing, if you want know what it is, read the manual page that I mentioned before.

1 Like

Not clear in the manual indeed.
What secondary menu does it open when you press it? :content:
(A4 user)

Diagram’s Mute corresponds to Voice Routing.

1)secondary menu open some track mute display on lcd with different graphics but I think functionality totally same as track mute with func+track button, I just couldn’t get the point why they put this to waste so limited panel resources.
2)you were right, nothing special in structure of ak, just mis-leading by wrong graphic of manual.

Ah, didn‘t even know this existed^^

It doesn‘t offer anything you can‘t do when you’re on the performance macro screen, though.
You can mute tracks, mute several tracks while holding the function button and mutes will only become active when the function button is released. Stuff like that.

The cool thing with using this mute mode though is, you can go to the note page, filter, lfo, etc. the track mute icons are always visible. :slight_smile:

*edit
…and when grid recording mode is not active, you can still use the trig keys for muting tracks.
Probaply more useful on the Analog Four, though.
The Analog Keys has the function button right under the track button, so only one hand is needed for muting tracks anyway.

Might be useful if one wanted to mute several tracks at the right time in a transition and let the fx ring out or smt like that.

1 Like

A4 mute:(not including trig mute)
Track mute by func+track
Performance mute by into performance mode

The func+sound mute is ak exclusive

The ak has 3 way of same mute, is there a little too many? :joy:

1 Like

Picture of it’s page on screen?
Does it have trig leds like perf mode?

With Func+Sound you get a little mute graphic on the screen (similar to Octatrack’s mixer view) and if grid recording mode or live recording is not active you can mute with trig buttons just like in performance mode.

On the AK I’ll just use track butttons for muting, anyway, it’s not like there are 16 tracks^^

Func + Sound mute mode is actually neat, because you can hold Function and mute/unmute tracks which will only take effect when the function button is released.

But, with only four synth tracks, I can mute/unmute simultanously with track buttons and Func, especially on the AK where the function button is right beneath the track buttons^^

Anyways, I’m not complaining that they give us so many choices :wink:

Actually there’s one thing about the function button that really bugs me and this could solve the issue.
On the OT the function button is above the pattern button, on the AK the function button is under the transpose button - similar two button layout on the bottom left of the machine, but different position.

So after some time of editing on the AK, it happens that I hit the pattern button on my OT instead of function.

This might be an opportunity to look into possibilities of function-button-free operation on the AK. At least for live gig/jam type situations where macros, kits and sounds are already set up.

Ha! That also works in performance mode^^

Wasn’t 100% sure when I wrote that post, but I just checked on my AK.
The differences to perf mode are the mute graphics, and you actually can’t change patterns when in this other mute mode. It opens the "Bank X: Choose PTN screen, but doesn’t allow to select a pattern. Kinda odd.

1 Like