Transfer App

Digitakt owners: how’s the transfer app working out for you? I am a Rytm only user who cannot wait for this damn thing to come out. Is it fast transferring samples? easy? etc?

It’s super easy. You select the Digitakt from a MIDI device drop down and then you can simply and quickly drag and drop files. They automatically transfer and you can select a destination folder or create a new one by overwriting the folder name at the bottom of the Transfer window.

2 Likes

fantastic

So I was one cranky Analog Rytm user back in the day when it came to sample transfer speeds using the “turbo” midi and C6 application… 1 megabyte took at least 30 seconds to transfer… phew… And C6 kept crashing…

Well now with the Digitakt and the Elektron Transfer application everything is just fantastic! Works great, I’m throwing large samples at it and it transfers the samples like a boss. Had one sample problem and then I found out that I could right click and select try again and then it worked.

Nice one Elektron!

Hi,

I have the Transfer tool open for a while. I notice that it has a very high energy impact on my Macbook Pro. The transfer tool is not even active (no active connection or transfers).

Here is a screenshot of the activity monitor.

For me this app craches when sample size exseeds 35 mb…it just stops and have to close it manually…really sad.

Same here! Just seen the same issue on my mac and remembered your post. I got some screengrabs and a sample process log so i’ll fwd them to support.

plz dont complain about this yet lol. some of us dont even have it yet at all! dont delay it even more haha

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea why i cant transfer large files…it just stops at 3% and craches.
Uninstalled and installed the app.
Converted files to mono,still having this issue…frustrating.:confused:

It’s not something basic like the +Drive has no more free space, is it? (You can check on the DT itself in the file browser iirc)

The largest file I’ve transferred to my DT is just a few MB. I would open a support ticket to ask Elektron.

The Transfer app is uh … not super reliable-feeling to me :slight_smile:

Thnx for reply…*drive is emty😕

I know my fans start spinning up when I have transfer app open. Didn’t bother checking CPU usage, I just close it as soon as I’m done with it.

I can’t open Transfer, W8.1
Missing dll message. Found it, copied it. Not solved.
No problem with other softwares.