Transfer App with Analog Four - Not Working

Hi guys,
I’ve had my Analog Four for a while now, and am loving it. I’m trying to install new sound patches via the Transfer app, i’ve connected the A4 correctly using the USB MIDI config in settings, and then selecting Sysex Receive and choosing an empty +Drive Sound Bank… It flashes ‘Waiting Data’ on my A4 screen, then when I drag the sysex patch file into the Transfer app, nothing happens. It says ‘Done’ on the status in Transfer, but the sounds aren’t added to the A4 bank. Could someone help me please?

Separate 2nd question - when I play my A4 in Logic using the Overbridge plugin, it always plays the loaded preset PLUS the default A4 sound with it… I need to select a different track layer in Logic (an audio track) in order to play the A4 preset on its own, which I shouldn’t need to do surely? Is there any way i can stop it playing that default sound with the preset?

Thank you for any help

Tom

pretty sure Transfer can’t load presets yet, only updates… you need to use an app called C6…
I’m not sure about your second question I use ableton

Having the Overbridge setting selected in A4? If so, try changing to USB midi instead ok Overbridge in A4, restart and reconnect everything and see if it works.

Not familiar with A4 patch transfer but had a similar issue with AR.

1 Like

It doesn’t load soundbanks yet

1 Like

Right, thanks - didn’t know :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for confirming mate. I tried to download the C6 app but it’s not supported on Mac Catalina :pensive: I’ve also just tried using the SysEx Librarian to transfer presets but that didn’t work either. Seems there’s no way I’ll be able to load in new presets to the A4

Did you check that midi in and out are set to usb as well. It will work if they are set to usb+midi but it will be hella slow.

There is definitely a way to add presets I use windows so can’t help unfortunately…
someone else will know

Thanks mate. I tried using Sysex Librarian again with the MIDI in set to USB, but this didn’t work either. (my USB Config is also set to USB MIDI)

Meh, theres some ideas in this thread.

Not sure if this issue is still relevant, but I tried several things and now found a proper solution for loading sysex patches into the A4 (in my case Mk II):

• connect A4 to Transfer app (USB config: USB MIDI)
  • in Global settings choose ‘Sysex Dump’ - ‘Sysex Receive’
  • choose ‘+Drive Sound’ and proper Bank (it shows available slots per bank)
  • then just drag and drop the sysex files to the Transfer app and it stores all patches in the chosen bank

works super :slight_smile:

1 Like