Transfer 1.2 Bug Reports

Thread to report Bugs and workflow problems to help improve Transfer and give feedback

1 Like

A couple bugs and workflow issues ive found

1… after exiting a folder it jumps to the top making you lose track of where you were at
2… renaming you have to delete all characters unable to edit or change the name
3… some weird behavior as the list jumps to the selected folder and it doesnt follow the scroll bar

1 Like

really would like to be able to move folders to different locations without having to delete them…

Mac OS Catalina, Digitakt, I can not connect with the computer in overbridge mode or only MIDI USB, I select MIDI ports for Digitakt in Transfer, and click on connect, but it doesn’t connect to Transfer.

It works on windows 10 for me while I overbridge mode…
but has occasional drop outs and won’t reconnect…
seen other mentions of this so maybe Mac problem?

Yes DanJamesAUS, I think so, I recently had to re-install the OS, and after that, I can not use transfer, but overbridge for Digitakt and Digitone works flawlessly, not the same with Transfer.

Same here but on macOS 10.14… DT can‘t connect to Transfer 1.2.2.9. Neither with MIDI USB nor OB Mode…

EDIT:
Tried it again, and now it miraculously worked.

Settings:

• OVERBRIDGE unticked
  • USB MIDI ticked
  • Input and Output set to MIDI+USB
  • DT Firmware: 1.11 macOS: 10.14.6 Transfer: 1.2.2.9
  • No USB Hub used*

What I realised was, that now the Digitatk MIDI In’s and Out’s where showing up on the top of the list in Transfer (opening screen) whereas before the Digitakt showed up on the very bottom. Maybe it has something to do with the Audio-MIDI-Stup of macOS? :roll_eyes:

Can’t connect AR to Transfer here, if using a USB hub. I can see the ports in the Transfer connect dialog, but won’t work unless connecting USB directly to the Mac, and AR in USB Midi mode. OS X 10.13.6, Transfer 1.2.2.9, AR OS 1.50A

Can’t connect AR MKii to Transfer whether directly or through hub.

• macOS 10.14.6
  • Transfer 1.2.2.9
  • AR OS 1.50A
  • USB Config set to USB.

Transfer freezes/times out when connecting the Digitakt to Windows directly with a USB.
Digitakt 1.11
Windows 8.1
Transfer 1.2.2.9
Digitakt is recognized by PC
All appropriate things are checked off

Soo so many crashes trying to re-load new samples into Rytm mk2.

As soon as I updated the transfer my devices stopped showing up in Transfer app. Transfer is latest version on Windows. Any ideas?

What are the version of Transfer you’ve installed, and what are your machines OS?

I managed to resolve this by reinstalling/repairing overbridge (which seemed to be up to date!)

2 Likes

A few months later, this worked for me, too: Digitakt connected to a Windows 10 computer running Transfer 1.2.2.9 would never connect successfully. Uninstalled Transfer, installed Overbridge, re-installed Transfer, switched Digitakt to Overbridge mode (?!) and am now successfully transferring a bunch of samples. I don’t get why it worked, but it worked…

(Edit: Well, right after this Transfer froze, and now neither it nor Overbridge will recognize the Digitakt, regardless of the USB Config settings. It looks like all the samples transferred, at least. I’ll revisit this later.)