Trade Tariffs and the effect on synth marketplace

Well they did because the won the referendum with their nationalistic jingo. I’m really unsure how its going to affect us UKers, actually its already costing us more leaving us and forecast is all negative for sectors of the industry. I don’t think Teresa May can pull this off, it just depends how bad the damage would

I often wonder if Theresa May- hem is making such a gigantic arse of things with Brexit deliberately so that a second referendum becomes essential. But that would be giving her far too much credit.

I would love a second referendum, but would will it stop. Do we have another referendum again because we didn’t like the results?. Even though we were lied to, its still was a democratic decision by the people. Also lets not forgot Cameron. The biggest home goal gaffe in UK history in the past century

1 Like

Agreed, as of right now steel and aluminum are the most affected. So housings and case prices could go up which could bring the overall price up cutting into already small margins.

If Electronics components end up with tarrifs (which would suck) then music companies could definitely be double screwed.
America will have to go back to animal skin stretched over locally sourced wood with a lightning rod made from wet appendages as our “electronic” instruments of choice.

1 Like

Speaking of the referendum results … well …

Most of our jobs are somehow connected to companies, which operate on an international basis. Their mission is to make money and not to operate on the whim of politics. I expect that those will not wait, until business declines, they have already planned and acted.

Many London based companies of the financial sector have bought business premises in Frankfurt. Airbus is openly discussing to leave the UK at all. Who is also manufacturing in the UK and having their headquarters in the EU?

If trade shall not come to a grind, there should at least something be left to trade with :wink:

1 Like

Hopefully the discussion will remain civil and won’t be shut down. The tariff posturing and the rise of protectionist/nationalist movements around the globe are related in my opinion. From my perspective, it seems that people are rejecting globalism.

This happens constantly in politics. Constantly. Particularly in the United States where culture war politics have a stranglehold over the minds of many voters, left and right.

Edit: I’d also love to hear more about people’s perspectives on Brexit, but I’m concerned that the thread will be closed if we head much further down this path.

1 Like

Bummer. My previous post was deleted on accident. :frowning:

It’s like- I KNOW that OT means “Off-Topic”, but on this forum, my subconscious jumps straight to
“Trump is best considered Octatrack”

(Now who wants to sell me their Octatracks :smiley: )

7 Likes

Up next, I’m going to make a new track challenge called OctaTrump. :crazy_face:

3 Likes
Duuuuuuude...

I just realized the Digitakt shorthand is Donald Trumps initials… :open_mouth: (DT)

6 Likes

Quad Trump is probably enough. I dont think we can handle 8 years

3 Likes

Which Elektron box would POTUS get, if he could only have one?

3 Likes

Would it be the Octatrump? Maybe the newer Digihair or Digitariff? Or maybe he’s oldskool and digs the sound of the SAD Station?

2 Likes

After Brexit its going to be Rule Brittania. Brittania Rules the Sounds Waves. Britain never never will be OT Master Slaves.

You have no idea how high up this goes, keep asking questions

3 Likes

It occurs to me, that Moog, based in Asheville North Carolina, is very fortunate to have not been lumped together with Harley Davidson, as being a politically valuable target for counter-tariffs. This can change at the drop of a hat, but i also think they’re large enough that they have some space to maneuver like Harley.

I wonder what sort of benefits or demerits Moog might gain being an employee owned company?

Full Disclosure: I just bought a DFAM and i love that quirky little beast!

1 Like

Also of note is that Harley had previously been a recipient of a substantial tax payer bail out. I wonder if that has something to do with them being a target.

2 Likes

I’m actually pretty pleased that most of us are keeping this on a practical, economic, and non-defamatory level. Nice!

2 Likes

All my synths are full of Cheeto dust.

1 Like