Tracks responding to midi notes on one midi channel?

Had my Model:Samples for a few weeks, still loving it. I just realized though… is there no way to have the unit respond to one midi channel but have the tracks on different midi notes (when connecting an external midi controller / sequencer to it)? Or do the tracks respond to notes by default?

When setting all to one midi channel, if I hit a key on my external midi controller or sequencer, all 6 tracks respond and sound.

I can’t seem to find any information about this in the manual. Thanks!

EDIT: Found the answer… I forgot that the lowest midi notes (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5-- aka C-2, C#-2, D-2, D#-2, E-2 and F-2) are the midi notes the unit responds to. Couldn’t figure it out, when I was messing around with other hardware. I didn’t see this in the manual immediately, but found it in section 7.5

Thanks and hope this helps others!

2 Likes

I was also having some issues figuring this out today! There’s a discrepancy between the manual and actual behavior here. Manual says:

These notes trigger the sample of track 1 through track 6, respectively (provided they are set to their default channels 1-6). These note values map to each of the six tracks, regardless of which track is active.

This is not entirely correct or clear. Whichever input MIDI channel track 1 is set to is the channel that will trigger all tracks via those specific notes (C0 or C-2 thru F0 or F-2). The channels on the other tracks don’t matter (but shouldn’t be the same as track 1). So if you’re sending notes on channel 10, track 1’s input channel should be set to ch 10 and the other tracks’ input channels should NOT be 10 but don’t necessarily have to be sequential or default or anything.

1 Like