Track Sound

Just noticed if you hold down a trig and turn the ‘level/data’ knob it brings up a menu titled ‘track sound’ with 128 empty slots.
Anyone know what that is? Can’t seem to find any information on it so wonder if it’s something that will be implemented in future update.

Hi. Maybe this will help:

It basically allows you to lock sounds per step coming from the sound pool associated with the project.
It means that you could have 128 sounds in your pool per project, plus an additional 8 (one for each track) per pattern

Thanks! Thought I understood everything about the digitakt but this has confused me.
Any ideas on how to get sounds into the sound pool list? All I get is 128 empty slots. I can hold a trig and turn the data knob, release the trig and it seems to assign that to a number on list but it’s still blank on the list and doesn’t seem to do anything, I just get a flashing trig with no sound.
If anyone can explain what the purpose is or how they use it that would be much appreciated!

I can select samples from my 127 on the source page and lock those to individual trigs but I think this is something else and I can’t seem to figure it out!

These are sounds with saved parameters for Amp, Filter etc.
Manual page 23.

Look at the section about the sound manager in the manual, p24 / 25
There is an option to copy the selected sounds from the +Drive to the project sound pool.

Indeed, locking samples is different.
Locking a sound from sound pool would be more like locking all parameters from all pages of the digitakt.

1 Like

Got it!! Once I’d loaded some sounds into the sound pool it all made sense. Can’t believe I’ve been using the digitakt all this time without knowing this!
Thanks so much for all your help

2 Likes

I’m right there with you. I don’t use sounds on the Digitakt. You don’t need to use them so it’s easy to forget they’re there.

2 Likes

Well, I actually don’t really use them either, but I might try to use it in the future, therefore I know how it works (also because I discovered it the same way as the OP :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ha yeah I was just trying to work out if I’ll actually use this! Guess it could be handy if there’s certain sounds you’ll probably use between patterns and can quickly use the sound pool menu to load them but yeah I generally just work from the samples.