Track selection MKI doesn't work anymore help!

Hello Everyone, I’m new here :slight_smile:
I worked for some month on the Octatrack now. Since yesterday I have a weird problem.
If I press the track button, it doesn’t select the tracks.
If I press func+tracks, the mute funcion works, so it looks like it’s a software problem, who knows.
I tried the test, nothing there, everything seems fine.
I initialized the CF, no results. The problem still is there in demo mode.
I even tried to upgrade to 1.31. nothing changed.
Any suggestions? Is there some hidden funcion that prevents tracks to be selected?
Thank you!

You mean the Test mode?
Did you press Track buttons in that mode?
You should see specific leds. But as track mutes works, it’s weird.

Did you try with nothing plugged (usb / midi)?

1 Like

Did you try a clean - new project?

2 Likes

Hello Sezare56!
I run the system test, it said all OK, then I got back to the session and still had the issues…
I unplugged all midi and usb…still same problem.
thank you!

Hi Cosmic!
yeah I tried just now, everything works apart from the track selection. so strange!
Thank you!

1 Like

Just after that, you can press buttons, turn knobs, move crossfader to check them.
Are there leds on when you press track buttons?

2 Likes

Cool I didn’t know! I tried now.
All track buttons work but one, number 6, which is lit on the trig n. 6.
When I go back to normal i can mute/unmute all tracks just not track 6.
But the track selection for all tracks is still not possible.
Any thoughts? thank youuuu

Open it and press down on ribbon connectors

Obviously with power off , will void warranty etc etc.

Try using a midi controller with relevant midi cc value to mute it , it’ll be in the manual.

1 Like

Thank you! It looks like the button 6 is not working properly, thus interfering with the other track select funcions. Am tryin’ to open the unit now. It’s out of warranty. let’s see. Hope its just a positioning thingy :slight_smile:
Will try as well the midi cc controlling. much appreciated!
Thank you !!!

Which track is selected?
Maybe track 6 button is stuck…

1 Like

yeah number 6 is stuck! probably it’s that! am opening the device now! let’s see what it’s gonna tell me! thank you so much! I’ll get back after the operation :slight_smile:

Ok I didn’t see previous posts. Good luck!

Thank you! I opened the machine, basicalli track button 6 is loose, i probably need to glue it to fix it. am checking online if it’s the best thing to do :slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you!

1 Like

It was the button! It was a bit loose. I discovered other 7 loose buttons. I glued them with a tiny bit of super attak and now everything seems to work just fine. hope that’s gonna be it :slight_smile: thank you so much, your test hint opened the way to the solution.
thanks to everyone !
Cheers!

2 Likes

Buttons hard life…:content:

3 Likes