Track select pads "ghost"

Hi there,

I noticed a strange behaviour when track selecting.
When pushing a pad the HT8 pad lights up instead of the pad I intended to.
This happend

Iā€™m sorry, using a mobile for posting.

I wanted to say: this happens with all pads, sometimes HT8 is selected, not the selected.
When pushing around it disappears.

I had this issue and it was a hardware fault. Had to get a new unit from where I bought it.

1 Like

OK, I assumed that it was something with a faulty pad.

When you say ā€˜selectedā€™ do you mean you press

Track + Pad_N

and you do not get Track_N pad turning orange, but you get HT8 turning orange

or do you mean you see white flickering

Presumably if the pads were still being broken in a bit, this lack of compliance (if it is that) may subside

In that case, it would also be an issue when selecting Mutes surely and so on

Perhaps a video would illustrate it better

Which pads make N falsely active, ones near it, or all ?

Iā€™m sure support can give you some feedback about what to do if this isnā€™t resolved soon - it may well be an issue like that discussed above

There was lots of anecdotal feedback in the early AR days about people finding that the pads ā€˜bedded inā€™ after a bit and that the feel became softer

Yes,that.
F.e. When pushing BT5 it lights up shortly but after HT8 stays on.
Again, when pushing a few times on all pads "the ghosting

ā€¦the ghosting diappears.
No shimmering and during muting also no problems.
Small note: this happens when the AR is just powerd onā€¦so maybe itā€™s a ā€œbreak inā€ for the pads or a faulty HT8 pad. Too sensitive or a PCB problem.

I think this is one for support to cast their eye on, but itā€™d be a good plan to ask why itā€™s affecting track select and not mute imho or why itā€™s like that at startup. Either way not ideal, unless itā€™s something that a few sessions of playing-in will iron out, albeit that this would ideally not be necessary

1 Like

I will do some more testing.
Thank you for your reply.

2 Likes

This evening I didnā€™t have any ā€œghostā€.
Tried all track select, mutes and playing.

If it were me, iā€™d go out of my way to give all the pads a good extended workout, test the performance macros etc etc a lotā€¦ just to see if this issue is really just a case of the pads needing a bit of bedding in ā€¦ I know that the touch feel for me was initially a bit different, but nothing like false Track selection which is more problematic ā€¦ but possibly a factor I the material stiffness/sub-assembly design ā€¦ I dunno, never seen a stripped unit to know if that can make any sense, but I strongly doubt itā€™s all separate parts and those pads are made of a very stiff material which does seem to feel less stiff over time (may just be familiarity)

1 Like

I left the unit on overnight and this morning tapped all pads and triggerkeys.
Again, no disturbing signs of ā€œghostingā€.
Itā€™s a relief.

2 Likes

Have you experienced it again? Pad 5 on my MkII just started ghost flickering at random and it does it for hours.

This just started in the last few days. Pad 5 flickers at random but doesnā€™t actually trigger the sound. Anyone else? This is the second problem Iā€™ve had with my Rytm. The other problem is that pad 9 sometimes reacts when Iā€™m touching pad 5 in mute mode. I usually fix that by massaging them both a little bit and restarting the machine. That issue only occurs about 30% of the time. This new ghost flicker pad is constant. Both minor problems that arenā€™t too bad but just another issue to add to the mountain of overall issues people have with these Rytm Mk2s. I tried uploading from 30 second down to 5 second videos to demonstrate but apparently my files are too big.

I sold my AR practically unused because of the lots of bugsā€¦, Elektron an I arenā€™t good match.

Got ya, thanks for the reply.