Track Recorder TRIG questions

So you recommend the manual recording cause the track trig sampling is buggy? Yeah manual recording is a great way to sample, but it is another topic. The track trig sampling source change that should be done twice is the major issue. Not a minor. It’s gonna have many OT owners make the same mistakes over and over and again. I think people should remember that “Track Trig Sampling: When you are changing the source you should sample it twice.” That is pretty much the summary OT owners should remember. I wish I’m wrong. Wait a minute, OT is a Sampler, right? This is kindof embarrassing.

I tried. Seems to work properly.
I could alternate INAB / INCD / SRC3 selecting source with rec trigs.

Indeed. It is funny how many people think at first OT doesn’t work properly, faulty, buggy, whatever…and realize it was a user error after. :wink:

There are real bugs, and weird behaviors for sure! So I totally understand the wtf moments.

If you want to hear your recordings “realtime” with a SRC3 source you have to delay Flex trigs with +1/384 microtiming. Maybe that’s your “problem”.

1 Like

I can see you are trying to make things happy for all, but the error doesn’t disappear magically by mental manipulation. People tend to generalize their thoughts about other people. I think it’s better to look at people individually. Otherwise the mistakes a group made might be on the other group. We need to be thinking fairly.

You are talking about a different topic everytime. The issue doesn’t go away from the first place. If it were a tiny bug I would love to listen to your opinion and live with it. However A sampler doesn’t sample a source at the first attempt is not acceptable really. It’s just disappointing. Like I said I wish I am wrong.

It’s completely opposite. At first I love OT with all the explanations in the manual. People on internet tend to think people feel difficult and frustrated with OT, but I don’t really understand why they emphasize the idea. Maybe people feel like you said, but I don’t know it is worth to talk about. I feel really enjoy this kind of things such as, manual and descriptions. That is not only me I think there are numerous people who like the more difficult and sophisticated things. I hope you understand the perception you have is really the “internet” thing.

Then later finding out the major bug makes me sad. people should remember that “Track Trig Sampling: When you are changing the source you should sample it twice.” Making sure what is recorded on your buffer is very important cause it doesn’t have the ability to sample the changed source at the first attempt.

Wish I could say I’ve never been this outraged by my OT…feel your pain, man.

1 Like

You know what? I was putting OT in my life until finding out this major issue. A sampler that doesn’t sample well? I feel like I have a blank in a part of my brain. I think I need time to fill the blank.

Sometimes you gotta step away and regroup. I seriously feel your pain and mean nothing but support and encouragement. I’ve never tried what you’re suggesting, so I’ve nothing to add there, but I have hit my fair share of hurdles in the 4 months that I’ve had my OT. As a beginner, I have often been frustrated about either something I didn’t understand, thought I was doing right, but missed a step that I didn’t even know existed, etc. And every machine has limitations too, so often times workarounds need to be devised.
I find myself asking less questions than I have here because I don’t like to be made to feel worse than I already do. It can be hurtful when someone pokes fun instead of trying to offer genuine help. I’d prefer they just not comment at all. Happily, the vast majority here are very helpful and kind spirited people.
I hope you get it sorted and find a workflow that suits you

Yeah eventually I might do it twice everytime I need to do it. I thought OT is my life time friend, but if mk2 has the same issue, OT is not gonna be in the music journey. I agree with all the suggestions in this thread, but considering the next investment this is important for me. Thanks for the reply! Merry Christmas!

1 Like

:sketchy:

It works perfectly for me, I tried it several ways.
Please detail each step in a new project in order to reproduce your issue, or make a video.

Not true if you do it normaly. I don’t know how you do it. I believe you if it doesn’t work for you the way you do it. Please don’t say it doesn’t work.

Merry Christmas! :slight_smile: