Track Level indicator differs in FX mode

Hi,

I just got my hands on an AR and i am super happy. But i’ve been puzzled about this and have now spent a fair share of web-searching without succes, so pardon me if the thread is redundant.

Anyways, here my riddle:

Each track has a level indicator in the top-left corner that is controlled with the LEVEL knob. Fine, i get it, it’s like my other 3 Elektron machines. What puzzles me, is that this indicator doesn’t show the same level when i enter in FX mode. In fact, if i turn the level knob down in FX mode, nothing happens.

At first i thought it would be the Audio-in level, since it appears that the audio in gets mixed with the AR signal just before the compressor. But i tried today, and to my surprise the LEVEL knob doesn’t do anything to the Audio-in in FX mode. In fact, it doesn’t seem to do anything…

What does the LEVEL-knob do in FX mode? And why does the display-bar shows a different level from FX mode to… ehm… notFX mode?

it is the fx track level

3 Likes

It’s an fx track really, for plocking fx, not an fx mode…

The level knob when on that track controls the master return level for the Delay and Reverb… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh wow! that was fast! thank you! :slight_smile:
i got confused because when i pick another track, the machine gets out of the… FX-track editing mode (is there a name for it?).

Am i getting it right if i assume there is only one FX-track? Or is there one FX-track for each of the 12 instruments?

Edit: it was meant to be a reply to everyone … noob with this billboard format here…

1 Like

one for all : delay + reverb

2 Likes

It can also plock compressor and distortion, but the level knob only affects the delay+reverb…

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Open_Mike and @Cedre !!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes