Track Choking tips for the Digitakt

I will rephrase and say is there a way, using this method, to essentially automate the volume of a residual delay to zero for a step of the sequence for the drama. That is how I’d like to choke the life out of the delay. I didn’t seem to find a way so it looks like if I wanted to do it I would have to do it in software :frowning:

edit: “software” in air quotes.

1 Like

I believe because the delay is a send effect, once you send it, you can’t undo that with a p lock. You could probably choke with some midi loop back stuff, but you’d have to kill all delay on everything, so probably not really what you’re looking for.

1 Like

thank you

Hi

I’m trying to emulate the choking of two tracks so i can essentially chop between two drum breaks.

Track 1 has a break programmed over 64 steps and I’ve copied the track and steps to track 2 and I’ve set the sample slot in track to a different slot/ drum break. The conditional trigs for all steps in track 1 are set to FILL_ so they play as normal, and the steps in track 2 are set to FILL (they trigger when FILL is true). However when I press PAGE/FILL to activate the steps in track 2, track one bleeds into track 2 for a few steps.

I can’t find a way to set either the envelope or trig length to stop this behaviour. I want the steps from either track to stop immediately when I press FILL or release it.

Is there a better way to do this?

Not really. You could remove the FILL conditions and instead use the Audio Routings page – disable track 2, then press track 1 + 2 together to switch the audio. Dunno if it would work better for you though, it’s the only workaround I can think of right now.

Another workaround would be to prepare you samples in your DAW with 4/8/16 hits per sample. Then use the Slice-machine and choose what slice to be played. Then p-lock the slice select to a step. And voila, you have a choke group within a track.
I use this method all the time, mostly for getting the nuances from my 909 into the Digitakt.

The only real downside is the prep-bit, and that it’s not as flexible to choose “this closed hat with that open hat”.

Anyways! It’s a good technique to experiment with :slight_smile:

3 Likes