Track change problems Octatrack mk1

Hi

I can’t change between tracks although if I press function the track buttons are muting unmuting

Run test mode. Hold [Function] while powering up OT, the Early Startup Menu will show up.
Then press the first trig key.

This test will show potential hardware problems.

If you have ‘Mute Focuses Track’ in the Personalize Menu turned off - and thus you can mute a track without automatically selecting it - maybe a track button is stuck? Check if all track buttons can be pressed normally. Just a guess, though.

2 Likes

Is there a MIDI message that changes the active track? Do you have incoming MIDI?

1 Like

Midi note 68 is active track up and midi note 69 is active track down. Afaik, no midi message to specifically select a track, e.g. track 1.

1 Like

Test shows everything ok

The buttons are functional cause I can mute unmute without problem

1 Like

Welcome

That’s the normal behavior. Just press a track button to select it.

No midi input

Standalone

Yep but I can’t select the tracks, if I don’t press the function nothing happenes can’t change between tracks

Ok sorry. Do you have something checked in Personalize menu?

Nothing

I made empty reset card format too but nothing

[quote=“Omosimama, post:10, topic:138755”]
Nothing

I
[/Nothing

I

With cue focusing track in personalize menu I can select tracks but with double track klicking I can’t change the sample

You can run the test mode again and check buttons by pressing them.

Similar case solved (stuck button) :

1 Like

The track 7 led os always on I think it means it stucked

What is the solution

Thank you so much dealing with my problem

Maybe @ChrisC may shime in?
Track selection MKI doesn't work anymore help!

hi. I’m on mkii now. i guess i had a similar problem if I remember right a button was stuck…

1 Like

Button could be stuck, but still register when you press down for muting, I guess.

Oh sorry, you already said it’s a stuck button.

For a solution, I’d first try wiggling the button in any way possible. If that doesn’t help, unscrew the faceplate and inspect the switch underneath the plastic cap. Maybe you can get it to work, if not it might need replacement.

Still on waranty?

You can also contact Elektron support if you can’t get it to work.

1 Like

No warranty the small plastic broke witch holds the button on its place
I’ll try to glue it

2 Likes