Track challenge : Ryan Cowbells

Yeah, you guys have it easy, Lucky for me, the RYTM is proving to be very capable at transforming samples, although I wish I had another filter per voice, like on the A4.

I’d see that as cheating :yum:

is not cheating until someone says it is against the rules

I’d say that since you’re using another machine to process sound after it comes out of the first machine, that makes 2 machines, thus it is against the rules. There, someone said it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

tight :yum:

so…keeping on this tight line…I could not use a computer to record nor a tape machine…but I can try to remember how it sounds and replicate it with my mouth…I swear: I am not a machine

2 Likes

Mission it is…

1 Like

OT
808 Cowbell

Fun

:cb:

More of this mission briefs…

11 Likes

Dude! That was spectacular! Thanks for playing!

@Lemajik awesome !
@Ryan I already have some material, should be able to drop something within a week.
My entry will be Machinedrum only !
So much fun :smile:

1 Like

Very cool! I’m gonna try to finish this other track im working on today and then get started with this!

I’m gonna be doing the MDUW only thing too! Any opportunity to make a track only using a drum machine is one that I’ll hop on!

This fun little idea is turning out surprisingly well!

Best forum EVAAAA

We should do this every week. Or every second. Or at least once a month.

@Ryan Thanks for your Mission. See you on the next one :rocket:

2 Likes

I’ll think up some ideas and formulate a list. If no one else suggests anything I’ll drop some ideas for missions.

When o first started using this forum is see missions come up every now and then, I don’t know what happened to that, but it’s definitely time to bring it back

Yeah I was hoping something like operator-1 battles would take place here, but there were not many submissions unfortunately…

This type of rules seems to work in other forums like Sp-forums or Stonethrow-forums and such.
It’s well thought out system how to keep doing this.

@123alastairj

I don’t know if you’d be into this, but I just wanted to make sure that you knew about is just in case you wanted to partake.

1 Like

Yep! Machinedrum was the best choice for this mission! Such a deep machine! In an unassuming package. I’ve had to check multiple times that I am, in fact, using all cowbell engines. I’ve never before really took advantage of the sound crafting capabilities of the LFOs!

2 Likes

My problem right now is that I have way too many patterns I got too choose from and assemble…

There can’t be too much more cowbell :smile:

1 Like

Huh! I was just going to do my classic “whatever comes first” method! But, I might take your cue and actually challenge myself further!

1 Like

Don’t !
I have crazy drones, hip-hop beats, dub techno, and a bunch of lovely glitches I have to choose from and without using OT I have so much trouble to merge this all :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks man, I hadn’t noticed this, could be fun.

1 Like

OK, because I knew I’d never do this otherwise, I changed the rules for myself.

• I only have ten minutes. Whatever I have after 10 minutes is all I have, like Against the Clock on Fact
  • I can only use the internal synthesis of the Machinedrum. I can’t sample or resample
  • I can only use the internal effects
  • I have to start with a blank kit (which is easy because I never use the cowbell)
  • I of course adhere to all other rules
  • OK 123 go
2 Likes