Track challenge : Ryan Cowbells

Almost 4 months, so I’ve got some time before he’s ready for that.

1 Like

Ah! Only about a year and a half, I presume. MS-20 mini for your mini 20 mo.:smiley:

1 Like

Of course I’ll need to get it earlier so I can familiarize myself with it and teach him about it. Yup that’s the reason, not because I’ve wanted one for awhile :wink:

1 Like

Here is my contribution !
It was such fun, thank you @Ryan !
This track is dedicated to you and your happy mood :smile:

14 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to your cowbell track! It was magnificent and worth the wait. Those synth sounds you pulled from the engines are something I’m gonna have to hunt for. So, so good!

Also, I love ya brother!

1 Like

I’ll try to extract a sysex so you can go forensics on this ^^
From memory the synth sounds were from the FM machine.
Long decay on DEC and MDEC, and some FB to get the saw-like sound…
3 tracks with different pitches to get chords.
I used an exponential LFO on each one that decrease the filter width…

Glad you liked this, pal.

3 Likes

This is great! Nice one mate!

2 Likes

I’m in! MD cowbells it is :slight_smile:

EDIT: patterns done, arranging tomorrow. I must add that the MD’s FM machines are so deep and full of potential you can tweak that cowbell forever. Still deeply in love :heart:

1 Like

Unless anybody has a challenge they’d like to ante up next, I’ve got the next one planned out. I’ll announce it on Thursday :slight_smile:

Edit: oh shoot! I’ve got the next TWO challenges established.

1 Like

Brilliant! This is stuck in my head now!

1 Like

Just compiled a playlist for this challenge !

9 Likes

I saw this challenge and I thought, Yay I’m in… I made a track with the Rytm within 20 minutes, but now I saw that its only machinedrum :disappointed: I don’t have my MD here. If anybody want to hear my challenge, here it is, sorry its Rytm only. But… there is loads of cowbells in :grin:

https://soundcloud.com/yloopz/cowbell-fields

By the way, the contributions are great! More cowbell please!

5 Likes

No, I think any machine is allowed as long as the source sound is 100% cowbell / CB. :cb: :okej: :cb:

2 Likes

Decided to use the challenge as a way to further reacquaint myself with OT this morning. Planned to go for the 10 minute thing but took 50 - Super rusty! Took me 5 mins just to remember how to copy/paste a pattern :confused: fun challenge only using cowbells tho.

Track ended up sounding like nonsense but I remember how to use OT again so all good :slight_smile: listen here if anyones interested. Enjoyed all the entries on this, made me flirt with MD gas tho :confused:

5 Likes

Getting into gamelan territory… nice stuff.

2 Likes

@YloopZ, what @finalform says is true, and it’s any box, not specifically Elektron, as stated by our dear @Ryan

I really dig your contribution !!

@Callofthevoid would you mind setting your track as public so that I can put it the playlist please ?

1 Like

Great stuff. You were wise not to do the ten minute thing - it’s no time at all!

1 Like

Yeh sure, done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool :slight_smile:

Yours is the tenth contribution, this is already awesome :tada:

2 Likes