Track challenge : Ryan Cowbells

Nicely done sir. That’s like the survival mode of this challenge! Ten minutes, though…that’s gonna be intense. I think I’ve already failed by your rules 100 times :smile: (seriously, I accidentally worked on this challenge from 7 pm to 2pm last night!)

I really look forward to what you come up with!

1 Like

Ha, as it turns out, 10 minutes isn’t very long. Got a rough idea down. Just uploading to SC…

1 Like

Wow! Turnaround is actually pretty fast when you set the bar at 10 minutes. I’ll have to remember that rule for a future mission!

SC is being a bit funny, I’m not cheating!

Yeah, sometimes it messes up when confronted with raw excellence.

Also, I think Amazon’s sever is experiencing errors which is impacting the rest of the internet I hear.

Haha, I can assure you ‘raw excellence’ is not the issue here, but the Amazon thing sounds plausible.

Yeah it just gets to this bit - seems to have uploaded then does nothing when you click ‘Save’

My guess is to try back later. I’ll be eager to hear it when you’re finally able to post it :slight_smile:

OK, finally uploaded. As you can hear I couldn’t really arrange anything in that time, so I tried to fake it by muting and unmuting and doing some CTRL-AL stuff that went a bit wrong.

https://soundcloud.com/123alastairj/cowbell

8 Likes

Great job! Definitely has a cool vibe to it!

Thanks - it’s nothing much to finish with, but it was a fun challenge and got me using the cowbell!

2 Likes

Here’s my piece. It’s a sloppy mix and composition. I made sure to do very little editing(I chopped the end of the song off and faded it out because the last part turned out to be redundant and I’m a lousy performer–it gives me anxiety). But no editing effected the sound, just raised the gain is all. All the sounds in this piece are from the MDUW cowbell engines.

:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:
:cb: This was a lot of fun :cb:
:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

10 Likes

I feel like you’re being a bit too demanding to yourself : your track is lovely mate !
You somehow got the essence of the cowbell… Definitely drew an interesting way of using it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool tracks. Hope more nauts will join. Great mission this one…

Thanks! It was certainly interesting to go from start to finish in 10 minutes. If I could do it again I’d try to tune the cowbells a bit more precisely to make better chords, but maybe that’s something to think about in a different project.

1 Like

Awesome! Really like that, very inventive

1 Like

Really dig the groove of it !
Can’t get a proper listening right where I’m at, but I appreciate the bells I’m hearing :smile:

OK, I’ll introduce more bell-like sounds in my track, it’s definitely not ringing enough !!
:cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb:

1 Like

I’m hoping to create something. It is going to be right near the deadline though if I make it. Thanks @Ryan for organizing.

1 Like

I had forgotten about this ! March 9th it is, isn’t it ?

1 Like

Yeah, the deadline is 03/09.

People can still submit their pieces after that date-they just won’t be eligible for the prize(there isn’t one)

2 Likes

Oh good - to me 03/09 is the 3rd of September, so I might take that initial idea and run with it a bit further.

3 Likes