Track 2 muting scenes and other tracks. Help!

Disconect all midi, create a new project, maybe even a new set, check out the Test mode

1 Like

@dv9212 Just in case if you don’t know it I’ll add that in Test Mode (Fn+Power, press Trig 1), you can check each button behavior. Each button corresponds to a led, or led combination.

If is is a midi problem, it’s like it would be processed…

If you look closely at scene A, it mutes/unmutes when I am muting track 2 but as @Schnork said, the behavior is inconsistent

1 Like

I didn’t know this, thank you. Test mode says everything is ok. Each button is working I guess because a different combination of lights is turning on when you press a key. The manual doesn’t say exactly how they are suppose to light when something is working or not. There are trigs that don’t light at all but work fine.

I created new projects and a new set. Also disconnected the midi cables and the same thing is happening. I am waiting for Elektron’s response now.

1 Like

Look

1 Like

I think you should be seeing some feedback when pressing those buttons in test mode. Haven’t messed with it on OT in a while though it may be different than the other boxes. Seems like a bad button or UI board. Have you opened an actual support ticket? Are you under warranty? either way They can get you sorted.

Yeah, I am waiting for their response. I am under warranty, I bought it in August last year. It is going to be expensive since I am in South America and I need to send it back to the States. More or less $400 for the round trip.

I contacted Perfect Circuit to see if they are able to replace the unit. If I am going to pay $400, I’d rather get a new one.

What a shame because it is the brain of my studio and I love it.

2 Likes

Oooph Yeah that shipping is brutal! very unfortunate. hoping for the best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi guys, I received this answer from Elektron and I wanted to share it with you in case you have the issue down the road. Let’s wait for that update!

"I’m sorry to hear about the issue.

I suspect that the issue is due to a known bug, causing the wrong button to be registered sometimes using some button combinations. I have not seen a report of FUNC + T2 muting scene A before, but the behavior is identical to the reports we’ve seen of other combinations. We are working on a firmware fix that will resolve the issue after upgrading. Do I understand correctly that this is the only issue you’re experiencing after creating a new set and disconnecting all MIDI cables?

Best Regards,

Patrik - Elektron"

5 Likes

Ah, yeah, I thought I’d heard about similar things happening on Mk2s in previous posts, but wasn’t entirely sure.

Sounds like it won’t take ages for a bug fix to be released. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This?

1 Like

When I tested different but similar issues, each individual button responded like normal but some button combos were weird. Like a toggle on/off instead of hold in the test mode.

Did you try the combos in test mode?

That’s it, the combos are the ones giving trouble. Sorry for my ignorance but I do not know what to expect from the test mode.

I tried the combo FUNC+T2 in test mode and trig 2 led is on. Does it mean is fine?

The manual is not clear about that test mode.

I don’t 100% understand the test mode either… but when I prodded some things in there, most of the buttons had a consistent response but the combos that were causing me issues stood out as responding differently.

I guess this means the buttons are okay and not a hardware issue, but the way the combo information is received is incorrect.

Elektron support claim that it is known and fixed for the next firmware update but no one knows when that will be (assuming your bug is related to mine)

Yeah, same thing here.

The test mode says everything is ok and then I have the light show I can’t comprehend.

Hey @Elektron ! It would be nice if you add more info about the test mode in the next manual update please. Thank you!

@Bloop I will eagerly wait for that update. I was kind of freaking out thinking it was the hardware but by seeing other user reports I can sleep a little bit better.

I am pretty sure it all started after the 1.40A firmware update. The weird thing is that it was months after it, not right away.

I don’t recall any issue when I first got it around a year ago, first noticed with 1.40 update around December on mine.

I was a bit concerned at first too, but so far every firmware update I’ve experienced has exceed expectations so I have faith!

Indeed. But look at what just happened to me.

Has it also happened to you?

Not like that! But it is encoder B that I have weird stuff happening with…