Track 1 sometimes goes out of tune?

Same thing just happened to my A4 on track 4. Pressing C on keyboard was playing a B flat. Other tracks were fine and correctly played C when C was pressed.

I tried clearing out all tracks, kit, and even creating a new project. I then tried running calibration. Nothing fixed it until I stumbled across this thread and decided to try the suggested fix here power cycling the device without USB connected.

Seems like it worked, and now all four tracks are back to playing correct notes. Really weird, hope it doesn’t happen again!

I’ve never figured this one out.
It only does it on occasion, but sometimes frequently.
My guess it it has to do with some thing midi getting sent to the A4 from other gear.

Experiencing the same issue with my mk2, T1, T2, and/or T3 will occaisionlly be flat by one tone. Power cycling and reloading the project don’t seem to fix anything immediately, but tuning can go back to normal overnight? Maybe temperature related?

Have you tried to disable the oscillator drift option in the global sound settings?

1 Like

Great tip, might try that.
I always have it enabled

@JuanSOLO

My guess it it has to do with some thing midi getting sent to the A4 from other gear.

i think the a4 is calibrating during power up, in my case the detuning seems to be related to a circular midi chain. currently midi is keystep into dn > thru to dt > thru to a4, and a4 sending clock into keystep

a solution is to break the chain during power up. for example, i leave the digitone switched off until the a4 main screen loads, and all voices get tuned properly :ok_hand:

This happens to me when changing projects.
Power cycling corrects it.
I have a different A4 now, have not been able to load all my projects on it and put it through it paces yet.

1 Like

i got my AK a few days ago and noticed this too. did a bit of digging and found that
it only happens when connected to OB – using the AK disconnected from the computer is fine.

when connected to OB, if i move the joystick downwards, the sound will drop by however many semitones are set for the pitchbend (2 semitones by default) - and the wrong pitch will stick until i move the joystick sideways to reset the pitch. there’s also some glitchiness in the sound.

could anyone confirm before i put in a report? cheers

@garf ,
I had this same issue the other day and concluded that I had created a MIDI loop of sorts with my DAW (Ableton).

AK%20autochannel%20loop

With AK MIDI input “Track” set to “On” in Ableton, it meant that my joystick and KB movements in any track were sending “auto track” information back into track one via Overbridge. As soon as I disabled the AK plug-in, it went away.

When I reenabled the plug-in, the behavior returned, until I changed “Track” to “Off” next to
Input: Analog Keys (Elektron MIDI)

I had it set to “On” so that I could control my Waldorf Largo VST (which, btw, AK makes a wonderful controller of, thanks to the large mod matrix and pitch/mod/breath joystick assignments)

1 Like

hah! yea i was testing out the AK’s MIDI EXT mode in Live and so i’d enabled Track and Remote inputs. just switched them off and i’m good again cheers adam :wink:

1 Like

i’ve tried blowing down the joystick but it’s not working… ?

use your diaphragm!

1 Like

this thread’s been silent for a while, but i’m encountering this problem in 2019 with my mk1 and neither power cycling nor re-loading a project seem to work. for what it’s worth, track 1 isn’t out of tune in other projects, just one. i also tried removing midi in (from keystep), and midi out (to model samples) and nothing changed. it happened once before and that time i just re-loaded the project and it was fine, but this time nothing seems to change. any ideas as to what could be done here?

UP !
I have the same issue. TRK3 is out of tune when clearing. C note is a D etc…

:’(

If it’s a whole tone out, check that you haven’t got a pitch bend applied, and that nothing is modulating osc tuning, and that transpose is not active

2 Likes

Hello,

I have an issue with TRK1 on my AK.

same patch loaded to trk1 trk2 trk3 trk4

1. trk1 plays always one octave lower (C3 is a C2)
    trk2 trk3 trk4 plays the same octave

It seems that there is also less low end on trk1… sort of highpass
No transpose or Lock

1. also when clearing sound on trk1 trk2 trk3 trk2

trk1 is out of tune and trk2 trk3 trk4 plays fine

when loading a patch to trk1 it is tuned but with the octave issue…

Anyone has faced this issue please ?
Do I have to calibrate or nothing to do with that ?

PS : I updated to latest OS (1.40) but had the same issue before I update.

Thanks

I never figured out what the issue was.
I eventually got the highpass problem as well.
Shortly after that I got an error that bricked my A4.
I sent it in, and Elektron said they had never seen the error actually happen.
They fixed it for free.
I have since sold that repaired A4 for a different one and no longer have these problems.

Power cycling used to stop the issue for me, but once I got the highpass problem, I couldn’t get it to stop.
Definitely create a support ticket

2 Likes

Dear colleagues,

I experiment the same issues with the last releases of OB 2.037.3 and A4MK2 OS 1.40A.

As soon as Push1 midi controller is used to trigger a note, Track 1 oscillators are not more tuned.
It means too, that any ableton live clip or A4MK2 key are detuned.
After a switch off, A4 MK2 is running normally.

At the moment, my midi controller can not be used with OB and A4MK2.

I have opened an Elektron ticket to fix the bug…

Dear colleagues,

The bug is fixed with OB 2.0.41.11 and A4MK2 1.50A

Thank you Elektron for the support :smiley:I

2 Likes