Track 1 flex machine issue

good morning,

so I bought a used ot off gumtree for a too good to be true price $900 aud and I’m now starting to think there may have been a good reason it was so cheap. The unit itself is in immaculate physical condition but after a while of using it I think it might has some internal problems. This is the issue I’ve been experiencing (today) track 1 flex machine after loading a sample I am able to play the sample chromatically and edit if I like but once I hit play the sample vanishes… there are no trigs on the track (another issue I was having previously) but the strangest thing is that after the sample has vanished what is replaced is the midi sequences I have on tacks 5/6??? wtf??? if I enter a trig it plays midi sequences and plays them in chromatic mode. This does not happen with any other tracks, only track 1 and only when flex machine is loaded. Am I doing anything wrong or does my ot have an incurable disease?
Apologies to those offended by my inappropriate use of words, won’t happen again.

If your playing chromatically with the sequencer running make sure quantized trig is set to direct for the sample in the attributes section of the audio editor, otherwise the sounds will be quantized and thus delayed…
If placing trigs make sure your in grid recording mode with record led stable red…

I’d start a new project and do only this:
Load one sample on a flex on track one, enter grid record mode where the record led is stable red, place a trig, press play. You should hear the sample and then you’ll know that your OT works…

If so make sure your sample is set to direct, remove the trig, exit grid recording, enter chromatic mode and you should be able to play chromatically and press play without your sample disappearing…

Thanks mate I’ll try that as soon as I get back to the studio. Appreciate you taking the time to respond and I’ll let you know how I go :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

do a self check
To access this menu, hold down the [FUNCTION] key while powering up the Octatrack

see if there is some info.

you could also try an empty reset when you do the self test.

To perform this operation, press the second [TRIG] key. This will reinitialize the battery
backed RAM and clear all data. The content of the Compact Flash card will not be affected.

and then you could update to the latest 1.3 version which is available since a few days.

ok so I checked the quantized trig setting and it was indeed set to direct and when I’m placing trigs I know to do so in grid record mode.

I did as you said and started a new project and followed your instructions and everything worked perfectly :slight_smile: I tried this loading samples off the cf card and I also tried it sampling an external source. I’m not sure what was happening before in the previous project but it all seems to be working now!

I also did a self check and it came up OK so no need to empty reset at this stage.

went back to initial project and repeated the procedure with no problems at all! awesome but a little strange also. I hope it stays this way! thanks for the help guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice score for 900 dollary doos :open_mouth::facepunch:

1 Like

indeed! sits well next to my $1100 rytm :star_struck:

wtf… dude.
Well played :smile:

1 Like

love a good bargain! also got me an ak for 1300 off ebay!
latest score was an se-02 for 450. found a dude who gets gear with points and then flips asap like brand new in box sealed, will have another one by xmas :laughing:

1 Like

old thread, same issue.

rec with REC2 to track 5. records fine, slices and assigns fine, saves fine.
I hit play and the sample is cleared form the track. I reload sample, same same same…hit play, sample disappears.
I load sample to another track. all is well.

I am now noticing on track 5 there is a little + that shows up when I hit play. so the recorder is activating when I hit play. I have somehow put a rec trig on track, but I can’t see it. the ni did FUNC+CLEAR for the track…all is well.

poking around, I can’t find if either I have a phantom rec trig, or I just don’t know how to display them.
was this a bug or user error [I wager its the latter] hoping for a little clarity on what I may have done or what happened.

thanks

ugh…found it.

What did you find? I sometimes get the same problem.

1 Like

Solution was: go onto track with rec trig. Enable grid record, hit FUNC+BANK to bring up Slide, Swing menu…and the last set of trigs is the Rec Trigs. You can enable an disable them there. Not sure how i set the initial trig. I totally forgot where that func was :confused:

I wish the Rec Trig also showed up on the step seq tho.

Been dicking around with DT for so long, OT needed some love. And my brain zeimered some functions.

1 Like