TrabanT's first 15 min on the HEAT

EDIT : scroll down for the " 30 min " section … just ctrl + f “30 min”

Hi folks …

having owned all elektron gear (except SID) I finally got my hands on a HEAT. … not like at a music store, but at home, and with my pre existing tracks on my AR …

here is the conclusion (first 15 min, only skimmed the manual)

nice.

the nicest thing is : it seems to NEVER get out of hand… (unlike the sherman fb2)

it seems to remain aesthetically (<— I got this word spelled right on the first attempt! booyaaah ) pleasing no matter what noobish knob turning activities I seem to do.

blahloblablabla blablala

8 Likes

Next, you need to try the inverted dry/wet envelope follower modulation :diddly:

2 Likes

Mine is coming this week. I just can’t wait !!!
:smiley:

Have you tried it on digital synths ? I guess it should really shine in this case !

1 Like

I keep telling myself I’m not getting one, but all I see are good reviews.

5 Likes

Next thing for me is to plug my Maschines back up and run them through the outboard Heat. See what that’s like.

Heat’s expensive. But worth it.

nice man glad to hear you’re liking it.

lets hear some beeeeetz !

Post withdrawn !! Now you got me curious what you said muehehehe

pls share :slight_smile:

I just got it today - the analog heat - and it sounds great processing my analog4… but it is not wirking well in overbridge mode into ableton:(

what computer OS you on? AFAIK the heat can be wonky on osx versions 10.9.5 onwards, up to somewhere around OS Sierra, related to the USB driver implementationgate apple pulled in the 10.9.5 update…

It so good.

My whole setup works flawless 10.9.5… I hate upgrading… Which next one would work best?

I also need my computer for DJing on a weekly basis… and I know Serato DJ is stable now… and do not want to mess that up.

Which OSX would folks recommend next?

Elektron support recommends Sierra for overbridge.

1 Like

lol what is this? :smiley:

thanks. yes support told me.

It’s a way to distort/process only the tails of your sounds, leaving the transients intact. So you’d first set the global dry/wet amt to a suitable depth for the tail, and then apply negative dry/wet modulation using the envelope follower as the source. Try it! :heart_eyes: Works great with the rytm overdrive as well if you’re willing to sacrifice that prescious LFO for it.

3 Likes

would love to try it one day when the gear appears.
although for now, i think something similar is achievable with the Machinedrum lfo’s.

assuming they do envelope modulation and there’s some form of overdrive available on the md, then yes, certainly!

1 Like

Maschine through the outboard Heat is sick, btw

Question: The distortion circuits sound amazing. But how does the Heat’s EQ and filters compare to those in the Octatrack’s effects? I have the octatrack and have been wondering whether the Heat adds something to the options already included in the Octatrack such as the two EQs, comb filter, ect. Any octatrack + Heat users out there with an opinion?