Tr 909 sysex for machinedrum (non UW)

Hi guys,

is there any chance to get tr 909 sysex for machinedrum (non UW)?

I found it but i’m not able to add CH OH RC and CC because of non UW version.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

That’s what you got then. You’ll have to build those sounds yourself.
They were samples in the original 909.

2 Likes

About the 909 cymbals & hihats check this out, esp. at 0:30

2 Likes

As i got recently, The Kit E12 has sampled percussion on it, so my question is quite easy:
Why we cannot replace it with our beloved tr 909 kit?

E12 are machines, not a kit. They are hardcoded into the MD’s firmware and you cannot change it.

If you want the 909 sound in a box, I would suggest to look for a TR-09 or Novation Drumstation.

2 Likes

I’d rather to keep my md instead of other boxes because of that lush synthesis on it.
now i’m zapping on internet and i found out this one:

“In the software you load an audio WAV file and convert it to a SYX sysex file. The SYX file can then be transferred to and played by the the MachineDrum UW”

So, as non uw owner, do you think it works?

No you need a MDUW to use UWedit
Your box can’t use samples
It uses synthesis only.

3 Likes

There are a couple of options. What you could do is get a Roland TM-2, set one of the outputs to be an external trigger, run the output of the TM-2 into the MD input. Create an input machine and set the input machine to trigger the -external trigger track- that way you can trigger and p-lock the other two pages from one voice.

Or you can buy my MDUW.

I’d also be open to trading my UW for your MD+500- if you’re in the states.

2 Likes

No, it won’t work. That is the entire difference between UW and non-UW. With UW, you can use samples, with non-UW, you cannot.

2 Likes

You, the man!
So if i got the point, i’m able to send samples from TM-2 to MD into all 16 channels and then processing/sequencing the samples as i desire thru the input machine. Could you confirm it?
About your UW, sadly i’m not in the states, I’m Italian currently living in Prague :slight_smile:

Not samples INTO the MD, but instead perform them THROUGH the MD. This configuration would replicate similar behavior as if the MD is playing the samples(sans the normal parameters you’d have on the “Synthesis” page. But you could trigger the samples to be performed from triggers on the MDUW and could P-Lock any setting on the Control page, but in actuality they’ll get performed FROM the TM-2 and sent THROUGH the MDUW to add a bit of MD processing. Also I think the TM-2 only has 4 voices on it, but you’ll only be able to input two voices(due to only having two input channels on the MD)

1 Like

Yes, i got it.
Thank you for your time and help, truly appreciated that.

2 Likes

Sure thing, man! Have fun!

2 Likes