Toying with the idea of a simple master fx sampler

So I have been toying around with different methods of doing transitions live and dunno if any of you have tried out just using a really simple lofi sampler on the master fx but I’ve been finding it pretty interesting.

a little video I posted of it on instagram

any of you guys messed with this sort of things on a master send? I like it so far because it gives me plenty of time to get ready for my next song if I need it.

4 Likes

no idea what’s going on here, but i really like it. i also love your mixer… curious litlle sample box there

2 Likes

Yeah they mixer is kind of dead simple but really nice and quite expensive for its functions. Sampler is a little DJ sampler I imported from Japan but there are other samplers like it floating around, just one voice of stereo that you can just hit a button and record up to 7 seconds and pitch around.

2 Likes

i had dabbled with (and still have) a looper on each of my master outputs (2 stereo pairs) for that purpose - it got very complicated real quick to do anything precise/on the grid and I abandoned the idea. But has mutated since and I’m using it to create textures and overdubs but all in a VERY free form kinda way. wouldn’t be able to ever repeat any of the things that I do - and thats probably for the better’.
I like your sound!

1 Like

Yeah there is a transition point that sort of sounds like chaos to me but it doesn’t really last too long, probably wouldnt always to end songs but every once and a while it might make sense… a looper on each output sounds like some chaotic fun for sure.

Great stuff! I like the beat going on!

Yeah, I probably need to get something like that for when I’m trying to do transitions on the digitakt. I stupidly thought just slowing the BPM down would be enough- then trying to just pitch everything down- but it needs both(which is really hard to do)

I don’t suppose you’d know of something ITB/M4L that would imitate this behavior?

Thank you for your video! Very inspiring!

1 Like

I have a xone96 and i sometimes send my delay and reverb back to themselves for long delays that loop. Helps to transition from song to song and you can fiddle the feedback on each effect unit to get things shifting.

1 Like

Not sure about an ITB/M4L approach for this but it’s pretty simple in theory I’m sure you could. I know hardware wise vestax made something called the DSG 05 which was a pretty similar little sampler.

1 Like

DJ Krush had a Vestax with that built in. Always wanted to check that out.