Touch Up Paint For Octatrack MkI

@Jukka is correct it would need to be sanded, primed and repainted a lot of effort. Try black nail polish with a matte finish or autobody touch up paint as a quick fix (if you keep the OT)

OH wow never mind @NONBEING @charbot have it pretty much covered.

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment. I think I’m going to try the appliance paint since it’s a really small area with most of the paint missing in that tiny corner piece. Upon further cleaning of the unit the damage isn’t too back with most of the chips being extremely small. If that doesn’t work then I’m going to sand it down and try what charbot recommended.

Haha every time I see this I laugh. It’s just the absolute best thing!!

1 Like

Bf Bob m

UPDATE
Hi guys,
Just want to send you all an update. I used acrylic flat black from amazon and mixed with high gloss refrigerator black paint. 4 drops flat to 1 drop of black high gloss. I applied it with a Q-tip to get the same texture. Let me know how you think it came out
BEFORE

AFTER

Here is a link to the two paints I used

8 Likes

Looks great! Nice work

1 Like

Also curious! Seems like there are some sound quality and usability options that make the mk2 a better choice? But if the build quality is lacking maybe that’s not worth the extra expense.

Thanks!!

I didn’t feel that the MK2 had any sound differences to the MK1. Sure some of the added controls made the ease of access a little bit easier with the MK2 but what really sent me back to the 1 was the buttons. The MK2 has Digitakt style buttons where as the 1 has the round grey buttons which I personally liked a lot better. I listed some other reasons earlier in this post, but it’s just my own opinion. I have owned 4 Octatracks and I like the feel of the MKI better. Try them both and let me know what you think. Thank you for the response!