Torso T-1 sending pattern changes to Digitakt..?

Hi, can any lovely T-1 users help me get my Digitakt and Digitone to respond to T-1 pattern changes? I’ve followed the picture of the program change setup in the latest manual (p187) but no juice…
The T-1 starts / stops the DT & DN just fine. I’m sure I’m missing something obvious but I’ve hit a brick wall…
Cheers in advance

Did you try to activate program change SEND on T-1 app?

Yep, here’s how it’s set:
Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 12.24.13

2 Likes

Can not speak to the T-1, but double check your elektron midi config > sync menu,

It sounds like you’ve enabled transport receive, but not program change receive.

That’s all I got, good luck.

Cheers for the tip, got the whole lot ticked in the Sync page but no-go. It’s totally baffling :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry man, wish I had a bit more for you. If you have any other gear that can send PC I’d first see if dt or dn will respond to it to verify if the problem is on the elektron side or not. If you have any other hardware that can receive PC I’d see if the T-1 can successfully send PC to that. It would be easier for you to troubleshoot if you knew where the hold up was occurring. With transport working but PC not, it could be on either side really. Anyways good luck with this.

1 Like

I had the opposite (changing pattens on the T-1 from the Digitakt) work for me in the past, try ask here.

Cheers, have posted there. Fingers crossed

1 Like

all sorted - needed to enable all the options in T-1 config for midi out 2. woohoo. thanks for all the tips :slight_smile:
now a new issue…the DT changes pattern in 1 bar sync with the T-1 as expected but the DN seems to be about 4 bars behind the pair of them. Why would that be?

Couple of posts in this linked thread may be helpful. If you look in search under digitone patten change or pattern change lag, there’s a few other similar threads. I’ve seen a solution that had to do with pulling back with microtiming to compensate for the lag but start with some of these suggestions before you overcomplicate things. Glad you got the other stuff worked out.

Tremendous, thanks all! Everything working as expected now :slight_smile: