Toraiz Squid multitrack sequencer

“I’m arresting you for bending the groove, you don’t have to say anything but anyth…
Sign that register you sync molester

5 Likes

Interfacing looks good. I like that it has what appears to be a soft switchable Thru/Out as well as dual CV and DIN Sync jacks.

This should be a hit if it actually hits stores with an MSRP of $599.

Interesting, but it’s no Octopus. :wink:

6 Likes

Peter what’s an octopus for?

Currently, it’s for about 4000 USD.
http://www.analoguehaven.com/genoqs/octopus/

3 Likes

Yeah, I lusted after the Octopus for years. Such a beautiful piece of sequencing hardware.

2 Likes
2 Likes

SQUID appears to have 16 tracks only, and a 4x16-step-sequencer paradigm, so it’s not really in the same space as the Pyramid or the MPCs.

Edit to add: SQUID seems more like a Social Entropy Engine than anything else.

4 Likes

Yeah it’s a different product, more like a Digitakt without samples and 16 MIDI tracks instead of 8 and pads. So not like a Digitakt :thinking:

But it plays in the same niche of hardware midi sequencers as those products, it’s just a slightly different paradigm that might fit some. I think it will find its audience.

2 Likes

I have a pyramid and a engine sequencer still want to check this one out.

1 Like

I think the :squid: would actually make a nice supplemental sequencer for the MPC live. You could use the squid to get your experimental phrases and send into the MPC. Looks like fun to me.

2 Likes

Looks fun

Looks to me like a grown up take on the Beatstep Pro for the more DJ minded rather than competition for the likes of the pyramid etc.

3 Likes

Pioneer DJ SQUID sequencer review

is there some sort of clip launch feature like push in ableton?
That would be great.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5W1KOd3dts

wow, those buttons are “clicky”… pretty loud…

Ok, the Octatrack is not the quietest too when it comes to button smashing…

1 Like

Gee, I can’t wait for Pioneer to abandon support for this as quickly as they did for the Toraiz AS-1.

7 Likes

Do you prefer clicky or silent?

Just edited my comment :slight_smile: Everything clicks and the silent ones have no definition :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mpc 2000xl and my analog keys and rytm click too. That’s how I know the machine has my undivided attention

5 Likes