Toraiz is calling

Elektron should put the Octatrack and RYTM up in a romantic hotel room with a few bottles of wine, chocolates and platter of oysters

13 Likes

LoL smooooth!

8 voices on the RYTM, 8 tracks on the Octa. One boy for every girl. Let’s see some love.

1 Like

Okur

Good point. Plus if you want that good sound you can just output your gear into a Neve Shelford Channel

1 Like

It’s just audio snobbery Prints, because it’s made by Pioneer. I have to admit that I was little reluctant when I first saw it, especially with all the lights - but as more info and videos have come out it’s become clear that it’s a really cool piece kit.

Prints, do you know if the inputs are balanced or unbalanced? It doesn’t say anywhere in the manual or on the Pioneer site.

1 Like

I’m not sure actually. You should try shooting them a message.

Yeah sounds alright, I prefer 1 boy for every 2 girls personally :bikini:

1 Like

It has nothing to do with it being made by pioneer. Just some people were hoping for something comparable to OT features but with toraiz UI and others were just looking for a streamlined ui/no fuss box that met their requirements. + the original toraiz feature set made the price hard to justify. No right or wrong just two different sets of requirements. It’s been fairly criticised and no one has denied its good points. Looks like it might actually appeal to both camps once the OS is finished development.

Yeah don’t agree unfortunately
I look at it the opposite way. Pioneer are a massive company, an absolute force to be reckoned with, and have all the resources in the world to make this thing really great down the line

Ha maybe I was reflecting on my own initial snobbery about Pioneer :slight_smile:

1 Like

But for example with the mixers, they didnt update the mixer within the mixer bit they created a new mixer all the time. So maybe a toraiz mk2 within 2 years? (Last djm nexus mixer is their first mixer i like, previous mixers had problems with sound, usability,etc…)

1 Like

Imo the expectations & criticisms were unreasonable. Lots of “Well, it should have been there to start with…” Pretty senseless and unnecessarily inflammatory if you ask me. For instance, improved slice is promised; yet for some, not having it right now is a point of contention. There’s no way to please or argue with that mentality. I’m looking forward to watching folks eat crow in the next few months or so.

1 Like

What i really like about elektron is the performance mode… this is what makes A4, ar and ot special… maybe i am missing something, but is there something like that on this toraiz?

The Toraiz is totally designed with ease of performance as the underlying goal. That’s what I liked most about it. It’s constantly in performance mode, and you navigate to the mixer window or sample edit window to make detailed tweaks. There’s a button for mute mode, there’s buttons for all the banks; it’s extremely intuitive. The best part is, this is how it is out the gate without having any OS updates yet; things will only improve.

2 Likes

People were bitching about what it ‘is’, not what it might become. And even with the updated road map it still doesn’t interest me enough to get one. The road map just about brings it up to speed in terms of basic/staple features…ie. all the stuff I’d think was a ‘given’ on a modern sampler (minus sample polyphony…OT sucks there too.). It’s what pioneer do/add after that in terms of really bringing the unit to life and adding more depth to the creative functions that will sway me or not. A lot of us have owned OT and gelled with it and it just raises the bar for other samplers. I can see how OT is overkill or lacking in UI for some people and they’ll dig the pioneer more. Just different sets of requirements. I don’t think anyone would need to ‘eat crow’ if pioneer step things up. More like be pleasantly surprised :wink:

Edit - and look at the title of this thread… Kind of inflammatory to begin with. If it was a straight up discussion purely on toraiz then maybe there’d have been less aggression in some of the discussion… Tho it’s probably impossible to talk about a piece of hardware without naturally weighing it up against alternatives, good and bad.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

My main problem with the Toraiz is the big screen, the Christmas tree lights and its sheer size. Far too easy for the wife to notice a new purchase has been made. That’s the first critical test for any new gear.
‘Oh this ole thing?’ just won’t work.

17 Likes

Hahaha ‘smuggling new gear past the wife’ posts always make me smile :slight_smile:

1 Like

IS that is solved by last updates or not ? because to me it’s not nothing… also it’s very expensive. only 4 FX to choose ??? is also not what i waiting from Pioneer :frowning: (it’s also BIG and not really nice for luggage transport and plane as someone said already (adam jay) but that’s not the most bad point for sure… there worst in the video)

So i agree with the Don’t buy … YET. and second hand for less expensive too

1 Like