Toraiz is calling

@JOB and everyone else in this topic:

Please refrain from personal comments and stay on topic: Octatrack and Toraiz.

Let’s keep the discussion civil and informative.

5 Likes

I only now noticed there’s a sample “playback” window; I was only editing the original sample from the “sampling/edit” window. With the editing options found in the “playback” window, you can choose where the sample starts/ends/loops etc. for each pad. This is perfect for chopping samples; you can drag the start and end points with your fingers.

4 Likes

Do you have the option to use knobs instead of fingers? Hashtag precision

I haven’t messed with loops yet. There’s an option to turn time time stretch on, which basically kicks in an algorithm that makes pitch changes not affect sample length. You can adjust the actual sample pitch/length in the sample “playback” window. If timestretch is off, pitch changes affect sample length like one normally expects from speeding up & slowing down samples to change pitch.

1 Like

Yes. Pressing shift while turning the knob makes the resolution super fine.

4 Likes

Nice looking screen. Can you set envelopes & LFOs on your sample?

Every channel has its own digital filter?

No LFOs yet, and only envelopes for amplitude currently

2 Likes

Filter is an insert effect so it can be chosen for any every sound if you like. Insert effect parameters can be p-locked fyi

1 Like

Start and end points limit you to one sound per pad and is in no way the same as SLICE…which would allow you to manipulate/sequence multiple points within one sample

1 Like

Thank you for pointing out the obvious Sherlock

Yes, sample editing features are not the same as a common feature on samplers known as “slice.” The Toraiz currently only has a simplified version of slice for its initial release, but it’s already been confirmed that Pioneer is implementing the ability for user-definable slice points with the very first OS update scheduled for this Fall.

1 Like

Please adhere to the guidelines, and refrain from picking fights. https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

4 Likes

why complaining about slices, it looks like it’s gonna be their first main upgrade. Am i the only one who wants to take a 12 channel mixer, toraiz AND octatrack and go for the most minimal, more productive setup i can jam/compose with? Add in 2 fx pedals and i’m good.

1 Like

3 questions, i am sorry if they are asked before…

1. can i sample with only hardware? So no computer in the proces?
  2. is resampling possible?
  3. only perf fx are the ribbon slider? With the current lack of cool fx?

Sorry, I’ll try to tone it down. If I find myself repeating things I’ve stated clearly ad nauseam, or I feel like people are coming at me like the Toraiz just got done murdering their family, I might become uncontrollably condescending. Forgive me though, this is how one would find me behaving at a public park.

2 Likes

Yes, can sample with only hardware; no computer needed. Sample folder management editing options need improvement though; a computer is necessary for organizing samples created or edited by the Toraiz.

Resampling is possible. I haven’t delved into it yet, but will share my experiences when I find the time to do so.

The slider can control beat repeat, and pitch I think. You can assign a couple aux parameters. I haven’t messed with it much yet.

2 Likes

Per sample.

Yes I love that too. Id like to see more machines with that and further options for sending layers to different effects depending on velocity etc far more than “more analog”

because i don’t even understand how its released without said function.

your basically limited to 16 samples [total per sequence] right now.

could it have been that hard to program? does it make you optimistic for “upgrades”?