2...?

I shall happily close this and end the pointless optimism if y’all want that - i really don’t see this happening any time soon - besides there are one or more threads discussing the prospect of a ‘potential’ OT replacement already - we don’t need this … and tbh, it’s pretty poor form to be generating these images … it’s no better than fake news and look at all the grief that causes in the world

3 Likes

Damn, he got me. Foolish actually, you remember how sworn to secrecy everyone was over their Heat? Something big like an OT2 would DEFINITELY be milked for optimum excitement

I would like to say sorry to all…it was not my intention to generate any bad…
I have just seen that image and, since it got NAMM2017 in the hashtag, I thought it could be something new actually…
I am not a graphic expert so I would never see that image as a fake composition…
Found it in a closed FB group and stupidly thought to share here…
Nor I was aware of TSME as someone who shares fun with the making of illustrations and graphic stuff.
This thread can definetely be closed…

Sorry again : (

1 Like

Come on, where’s your sense of humor ?

I found it quite funny, and surfacing at the right time :smile:

2 Likes

I’ll take that as a green light :wink: but will let another Mod pull the plug (or not), it’s the right thing imho …

I think it’s good intentioned trickery. Some way of pulling others to feel your same desire. It’s fun. No need to apologize. I found this tread enjoyable. And surely the people that JUST BOUGHT an OT are feeling a wave of relief right now. And relief is good! I enjoy relief from time to time.

Can you IMAGINE how cool an OT 2 would be?! What major additions would be made to the splendid beast that is the OT(1). Overbridge obvs. I’d hope for a crossfade option between different p-locked samples

1 Like

Wow :thdw:

The open letter / petition through change.org to Elektron on Facebook for an OT2 is a new low

Change.org should be used for noble causes, not lightweight ventures like this :zonked:

2 Likes

Yes i think you right. SO many people talked about it, ask about it. As i remembering Tempest user made something like that. I thought it was a good idea to unified users to this subject. But when you say PETITION must be used for important matter it sounding right in my brain. AND YOU RIGHT, I REGRET, BAD IDEA

Also, it’s a private company and shouldn’t be pressured into demands.

1 Like

I want 2001 Space Odyssey 2, do you think it’s gonna happen ?

OT2 in my room

3 Likes

I feel shameful like a child now :joy:

You’re fine, man. Sometimes excitement and desire get the best of us. And I can see how the idea could have seemed fun. :smiley:

2 Likes

Petition abuse/fatigue spoils the value of all petitions … it becomes a mockery of democracy; by that i mean petitions to re-run EU referendum votes etc - it was not a good outcome, but petitions like that only breed naive hope

As for petitioning companies who know what they’re doing, that’s another thing, it’s in danger of being quite patronising … granted, if it takes a bit of bad PR to get DSI to rectify customer dissatisfaction then there’s possibly a case to proceed with - but that comes down to what was being sold/promised

Elektron seem to do well running themselves, maybe have a bit more faith that they’ll do something good, whatever that is and whenever they see fit … but from where i am standing, they’ve got their hands full sorting out the current line-up, they’re not coasting along twiddling thumbs

i’m not a fan of these petitions as you can see … there has to be legitimate merit for them to have a whiff of any credibility

This was certainly not my intention, i voiced my opinion, i’ve explained why, i just find it a bit naive and none of the previous petitions or votes etc have come to anything except disappointment for those who buy into it (like those trying to overturn democracy)

1 Like

Enthusiasm can get misplaced - William is clearly a highly regarded community member, nothing has changed

4 Likes

Agreed

1 Like

You right on any points. it switch my mind when you voice your opinion. I think and Agreed. You perfectly right. I thought at first it was a good idea but it’s not. Sometimes i’m the guy will start something and think after… i was exactly that guy one hour ago… THANKS to Alert me to think, too late but i fixed what i can. Because i clearly agreed it’s not the way. Period.

2 Likes

Off topic: does anybody else infrequently get an “access denied” message for this thread?

nope - but i sometimes see ‘access denied’ when my chromebook is slow finding my router, but nothing problematic here once the browsing experience has begun - can’t imagine why one thread would be more prone to it than another tbh

I got it.

In case y’all didn’t know - and i’ve no knowledge it’s happening (normally we get a public warning) but Elektronauts is migrating to a later version of the forum software and things need to be fixed - often when that happens things get glitchy

1 Like