Today's dicking around: Kybd controlling OT; chromatic mode (ish) - Thoughts on wacky stuff to play with?

Recently reconfigured my rig and the opportunity came up to (finally) explore the OT (mkI) as a sample synth being played chromatically via external keyboard. Just for shits & giggles, so far.

So I’m using a single cycle waveform on an OT Track. Incoming MIDI Keyboard data is routing Velocity to:

• Slice (because single cycle wave sample chains)
  • Filter Width
  • Filter Q
  • I think some other stuff in there I played around with, but it was over morning coffee and I didn’t write down what I tried

And I have the controller’s Mod Wheel routed to the XFade.
That’s kind of fun.

What are your techniques?
Is this an exciting enough technique to dedicate some time developing the system/MTPro script?

2 Likes

Aftertouch to LFO depth/speed would be cool, might try that when I get home

1 Like

I would like to see a rompler do what OT does. When using LFOs don’t forget to mess around with using them as one shot LFOs rather than looping, plus LFO designer and synced resampling that. I’m sure with a little bit of thought you’d be able to make it trigger a freeze delay over a certain velocity, and or retrigs. Across 8 tracks with different delay times and you could slam a key and get a choppy remix going with one key

2 Likes

I used a Midipal processor + an Event Processor Plus to make it poly, on 8 octaves (1 slice per octave).
Using CC48 (crossfader) for mods.

1 Like

I also mapped all Slices to Notes, Pitchbend to Pitch, Notes off to Hold = min (stops notes), Velocity to VOL,
Notes to Comb Filters TUNE, Velocity to Comb Filters LP / FBK…

I don’t have Aftertouch !

1 Like