Tips on rumbling techno sub/bass

Does anyone have any tips on how to achieve a heavy rumbling techno bass line on the Ryth?
To give an example I would say this track:

An example

I don’t have the Rythm but here’s what I’d do on the A4 or DT. On a separate track from the kick, use the same sample/sound as the kick and put it on the downbeats (in between the kick triggers) at lower volume. Add a bit of delay. Experiment with the delay and volume. Ideally this track would be sidechained to the kick so you can simulate that by p-locking the upbeats to a lower volume.

3 Likes

Thanks!! I will give that a try

There’s a rumble sample pack from Audiotent that works well on the Rytm then either use trigs or lfo to fake sidechain

2 Likes

You might also use samples for this. I downloaded an „impulse/hit“ pack with some massive sounds but low toms etc. might work as well. Just make sure, that these sounds do have enough „texture“ in the low frequencies instead of just „steady“ tones.
You can then load the samples to an new slot, pitch them down if necessary, low pass filter (!) and drive a little bit.

1 Like

Thanks I will try these tips

There is a guy called umonox (spelling?) on youtube that has a tutorial on how to build exactly this using the rytm synth engines. Sounds awesome and really opened my eyes to what the synth engines on their own are capable of. The response from Item is basically what umonox walks through building a minimal techno beat.

I’m flying right now otherwise I’d share the link, connection is too slow to search on youtube.

2 Likes

Did you search the forum?

Already some threads:

3 Likes

Hey I can’t find the exact video you mean

Share it when you get the chance , it would be good to watch! Thanks

are you talking about this clip?

1 Like

Use the lfo(exponential) for reverb mix on the kick with all the highs EQd out of the verb and play with the pre delay.

3 Likes

@umonox you can explain this :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thats the one.

1 Like

Thanks !