Tips for syncing OB devices with other hardware in Bitwig (or Live)

Was having a lot of trouble trying to get everything running in sync today. My RYTM was running an internal sequence bang in time with Bitwig metronome (and internal midi), but my MnM running its internal sequence synced via Midi was completely out. Any tips on how to get everything just ‘working’.

Thx

I doing something similar with my Octatrack. RYTM and A4 are Both Sync Mode in Overbridge. I have my RYTM configured in MIDI page to Send Midi Clock and Transport. And my Octatrack is configured to Receive Midi Sync and transport. Every elsewhere Midi Sync is deactivated. (A4 for instance)

Did you make something similar passing Midi Sync by a normal MIDI cable to your Monomachine from your RYTM ?

That’s a good idea. I will try today. Though this means I won’t be able to play notes into MnM via a midi controller (via Bitwig)… but I could live with that.

So I discovered the source of my latency - and it was a newly purchased Analog Heat. It was adding 60ms of latency into the chain which is what was then throwing my MnM out. As soon as I unplugged the Heat then everything went back into sync.

Crazy.