Time Stretch: I've never used it

Yeah having quick access to time stretch on/off like that is nice, and I do use it sometimes. Setting up sample attributes isn’t really much of an issue in the grand scheme of things. The problem is that if you are keen to avoid timestretching artifacts, your only options to keep rhythmic samples in time with a project is

A) work at the sample’s native tempo
B) manually adjust the pitch/rate knobs through trial and error until you get a perfect loop

and perhaps

C) use a mathematical formula to alter the sample’s pitch/BPM so that it matches every time without trial and error

“A” is creatively limiting, “B” precludes loading samples during an improvisation (unless you use cue outputs to beat match), and “C” kills the production/playing mindset and forces you into an engineering mindset which is not what I’m looking for in hardware.

I have a tendency to lean on my machines to make the music happen, but I should probably use it as an opportunity to improve my ear and rhythm, pretend I’m an old school DJ, practice beat matching, and stop complaining. :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for confirming!
I guess a reference tempo must be stored to get a relative pitch with a different tempo.