Those of you who still have Machinedrum and Monomachine, other reasons than sentimental?

Yeah I think this is key here. I find myself falling into the subtractive synthesis mindset far too often with the MnM… and that’s to be expected, because the filter on it sounds awesome. But I have trouble breaking away from that, for some reason.

mono has sick sounds that i like.
md has sick sounds that i like.
and both have proper retrig/retim thats ramp-able.
mono 3 lfo/track.
md track lfos can be used on diff tracks.

1 Like

I’d just get a monomachine if I was you.

Also I’d rather have an mduw than the ar but that’s just me.

If I hadn’t been trying to have a more DAW friendly set-up, I would have held onto the Machinedrum UW till kingdom come.

The sequencer might not be the most up to date one- though still has essential Elektron magic- and the SOUNDS you can pull from that thing are just wonderful! An entire WORLD of percussion is ready to be explored- you can even get quite tonal with it. And when you compose an entire track just on the percussive synthesis- it’s a very rewarding experience

Thank you guys. It was a real emotional expirience to read your stories.

Currently i’m turning on my new Machinedrum. Bought it without any doubts.

6 Likes

Congrats !
Happy Control All !

3 Likes

Brilliant!! Enjoy it!!

1 Like

All-in-one-box go on a journey reason.

I’m waiting for one MD UW to ship as well, probably by the end of next week.
Some FM / physmod batida madness will ensue no doubt! Especially happy I can use it as a sampler/resampler for my rytm without any computers.

2 Likes

Bravo. Well done

Never had a MD but had a MnM for many years. I recently found tons of my old hardware tracks which had lots of the MnM as well. I had forgotten how, in lack of a better word, musical it is. It’s not a great sounding synth per se, but the sound just FITS the music so often. With many synths it’s the opposite, they sound great soloed but are hard to fit in a song without tons of work. The Monomachine you can just turn on and make a song with it. That’s it’s main strength.

3 Likes

sooooo I plugged in the monomachine so I could do a sysex dump and clear the machine so I could sell it…

…and I made the “mistake” of plugging it into my monitors and listening to what I was working on a few months ago.

God damnit.

Not for sale.

11 Likes

Atta boy. Rock those broken hammonds.

2 Likes

Got rid of my dark trinity for upgrade but will never toss the legacy machines they’re like the 909 to Roland def keep those

Still considering getting a MM. There aren’t that many walk-through kind of videos to help give a better idea of its basic sound characteristics. Any video suggestions?

must have machines for me.
nostalgic…maybe…but they showed me how far I can go with 0.06 squared meters

1 Like

Don´t have a machinedrum but a monomachine and i will never sell it. It can´t be replaced by anything else, the sound and feel of it is unique. If anything, i´ll buy another one. I guess it´s that Spark that @AdamJay mentioned, i´ve really bonded with this synth like with no other.

MD was my first, i sold it back then as it was to complex and not nearly what i hoped it would be.

Went through quite some gear until i traded a peice of kit for a mint last batch UW.Havent been playing with it to much as I’ve had the digitakt to figure out first and got into modular as well.

Now it’s finaly getting some love, using the IMP machine on the modular to trigger events and using the crisp percussions next to my deepish more analog samples on the DT.

I traded it back for sentiment as it was my first synth and i never really dove into it, but im keeping it for the sound pallette and utilities.

Just got my MD UW fix!

Wondefully chunky sound, a good contrasting sound to my rytm for sure! I somehow associate this sort of chunkyness to 90s romplers and some vintage samplers, they all seem a bit cloudy at the high freq response but have a nice weight to the mids. Guess I’m a fan of that sound :nyan:

The physmod machines are NOISE

If one is looking for a digital drumbox with a distinctive sound, I see no reason why the Machinedrum would no longer be a relevant machine in 2018. It still does what it was built to do. And it has a songmode and swing trigs, unlike DT/DN.

Just figured out how to ”slave” a rytm to the MD by utilizing MIDI tracks and layer locks. 8 int + 8 midi will give me three layers per track (rytm synth / rytm sample / MD machine). MD stereo outs to rytm input. This combo will be killer :loopy:

1 Like

For the synthesis crate diggers

broken Hammond organ

There’s gold in this thread :sweat_smile: