Thom Yorke + RYTM

Someone needs to tell him about the Overbridge update !

not 100% but i think that’s also an Analog Keys

Nice find.

Yep, that is analog keys :slight_smile: I like Thom Yorke and his philosophy. Great studio productions as well. Check out the ‘from the basement’ Radiohead session if you can as well. They were the brain child of the producer Nigel Godrich as far as I’m aware. There was a showcase episode as well with Radiohead / Andrew Bird and the Fleet Foxes , which I found very inspiring.

The person you’re talking about is Nigel Godrich, the same person who posted that pic to twitter : )

That is one helluva compact stand/mount

Love the drums and percussion on “Black Swan”… keen to see what he’s coaxed from RYTM.

…2006 was the release date…

Nice. looks like rytm is built into the white case/stand… i appreciate everything these guys do. The basement sessions are inspiring and pretty beautiful

I think maybe you misunderstood what I’d written there…
I was saying I liked drum sounds he’s had in the past and posted an example.

Based on that i’m excited to see what he does with RYTM.

Better?

Thom has made good use of the Machinedrum in the past, so this could get interesting.

Thanks. Didn’t know his name

Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone could give me more insight into Thom Yorks workflow concerning the Rytm.

I am a Rytm novice and would like to implement his style (loosely based) of percussion in our band’s music

Thanks in advance for the tips :slight_smile:

1 Like

And as far as I can tell from Nigel Goldrich’s IG he’s still rocking the MKI. At least for his live Modern Boxes.

Anyway I hear a lot of its synthesis on Anima, taking full advantage of its polymetric capabilities. Tracks are most likely recorded individually.

1 Like

does this come from RYTM you think? does anyone know if he uses the machines or also samples?

me too!

Can’t be Rytm on Black Swan because Rytm was released in 2014. In this interview on Elektronauts he said he loved using Rytm live and used Octatrack on Anima - as well as several other Elektron instruments in different projects throughout the years.

2 Likes

https://www.elektronauts.com/talk/134?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=other-video_native&utm_campaign=global-ty_talk_1-

1 Like