This was fun! But I thinks it's time for a close. Mods, please delete

Actually, funny enough, being a musician is the last thing they really care about when hiring. They most care about work experience, specifically customer service stuff. I’ve met many other employees who didn’t play a single instrument or do anything musical outside of GC.

Funny enough I just made my first website the other day through GoDaddy. It’s more of an online business card but still, haha.

I buy and keep a lot of stuff but return a lot too. I’d say it’s about 60/40 in what I return keep. I’ve kept plenty of higher priced purchases but also returned plenty.

How much does a person have to abuse the return policy before they’re banned from buying/returning? I’ve always been curious and felt guilty any time I’ve returned anything (whether for legit reasons or just cause I didn’t want the item anymore).

I’ve done this with guitars and synths.

I’ve always wondered about this too. And felt the same guilt!

Honestly that depends on what region your in, the store manager, if corporate gets wind of it or not, etc. It’s kind of a case by case scenario.

As long as you keep everything as pristine as possible (keep any and all boxes, manuals, keep the plastic intact, unregister any softwares it comes with, don’t damage or remove screen protectors, keep all box contents, etc) then you’ll be fine, especially if you keep more than you return. Although, if it’s done consecutively in a small period of time, they’ll probably think something is fishy.

I do recommend you keep the salesfolk in mind though. If you’re not sure if you’re gonna like something, or you’re not sure you really want it, order it online from home. Lots of returns can negatively affect commissions for associates. Ordering online on your own doesnt affect the store associates. Not only that, you can pick it up in store to make sure it’s not damaged, and if it is, you can immediately get the return done upon pick up.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response! I definitely try to be mindful of all that, and try to keep the actual human in mind. I try to keep my stuff perfect if I do return, and I’m always amazed seeing the condition some people return their stuff. The nerve!

1 Like

That was always a personal pet peeve of mine. I was often yelled at by customers about restocking fees when some items came back in terrible condition or missing parts/pieces. Or the people who would try to return things literally years later lol.

closed by request of OP