This was fun! But I thinks it's time for a close. Mods, please delete

lool that’s funny

Thinking did you eat in or out?

Thanks for sharing ! good luck for what’s next :thup:

1 Like

Not to derail, but this is freakin’ gold. When I worked at a Supermarket in high school, the saying went “The Customer isn’t always right, but the Customer is always the Customer…”

Question for OP: So, even with all the security measures that exist today, theft is still a big issue? I guess some people just go for it.

Also: how does the store determine what to stock? Is it based on availability from the manufacturer, demand, or is there someone in the main office saying "Store # 2301 gets 2 of these, etc. etc. ?

Well truth be told my lunch breaks we’re spent taking my girl to work since we have opposing schedules. When I did eat, I usually would go for some kind of Spanish food or fast food like Chic-Fila. If the store ever ordered food it was always just Pizza.

Thank you! At this point I’m hoping my YouTube channel can get me somewhere with any of the manufacturers I love.

start by adding a link to it to your profile in here hhh :wink:

Yeah theft will always been an issue. LP can only do so much. Some people are just crazy ballsy and get lucky.

When it comes to store stock Corporate handled all of that. We can request certain items, but corporate decides final say based on each stores demographic. That’s why stores in LA and NYC usually have a more hip-hop centric vibe, but then a store like mine focused on the Dad-Rock bands and was mostly guitar/pedal/amp focused. I was always disappointed by my stores lack of synths and drum machines.

1 Like

That’s not a bad idea!

Did you reach out to Novation directly? One of their guys is active on here occasionally

I worked at gamestop when I was in college and for some reason I imagine working at a guitar center was very similar… wee even had people playing freebird on the guitar hero demo set up :rofl:

1 Like

Whats good for making trance??

1 Like

bath salts

6 Likes

Why does it always take me 30 minutes to check out when I come in knowing exactly what I want to buy?

Sort of! I contacted the rep and asked general questions about working with them, and how I would go about getting a job with them. At the time they weren’t hiring, and he could only tell me so much. I haven’t pushed too much after because the only open position they had was in LA at the time, but I’m on the other coast and can’t easily move across the country. I do check out their careers page pretty often still just in case lol.

Coming from the elektronauts forum, do the electronic/modular gear GAS we see in here reflect real life at retail level with people waiting for/buying the latest “flavour of the week box”? the or is it just for forum gear addicts like us?

This could be a multitude of things. Not every cashier is very fluid with sales. Especially if they’re new. It took me about a solid 6 months before I could quickly buzz through our system. Not only that, whenever things would get updated it could cause issues that slowed things down even more. So many things can slow down even the most simple sales.

1 Like

So I can’t speak for all stores, but in my store I didn’t experience this very often. My store had a very traditional band type demographic, so modular and synthesis products were largely overlooked. I feel like in the more urban stores this may not be the case. The employees are the real gear addicts, though. Almost all of us were GASsing for something any given day.

1 Like

I’m a manager for godaddy who are basically the worlds biggest domain registrar/web hosting seller.

I manage a team of 20 and there are certain things you have spoke about which i can totally relate to, especially on the customer interaction front.

I hope you find a role you enjoy. The old adage goes, “find a job you love, you never work another day for the rest of your life”…

Easier said than done, but keep at it, I admire your trying to get into a place where you want to be.

“The customer isn’t always right, but the customer is the customer”

I’m totally stealing that and will use it in my team breif in the morning :wink:

2 Likes

Try Initiative Here: https://www.elektron.se/careers/

And Here: https://focusrite.workable.com

1 Like