Analog Heat : The warmest (?)

Yesterday, after a couple of hours using AH, I can definitely say that it is the “warmest” unit between Elektrons when it comes to °C…

It gets pretty warm…might this be another reason for the name? :yum:

P.S.
any other users experience?

Yes, it is hotter than the other analog units. It also usually operates at a higher temperature. :diddly:

2 Likes

the warm feeling of analog electronics…sweet

yes, i did notice that as well, makes it for a good option during winter times though…and i guess it wouldn’t have been called Heat otherwise :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :grin:

For sure it will be my cats’s favourite unit this next winter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I’m new to this forum and Elektron in general. Just got a Digitakt and an Analog Heat and I noticed that the heat gets a lot hotter than the Digitakt after about half an hours use. It’s winter in Australia at the moment so it’s got me a little worried about when summer hits. Is this a known thing or is it likely there’s something up with my unit?

I think its normal, the analog circuitry tends to get a lot warmer than digital.

2 Likes

True I didn’t think about that. I got a couple of mother 32’s and they tend to get warm after a while. Really liking the gear though, the sound is amazing

1 Like

Might need a few fans running in your studio during summer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha for sure, it gets crazy hot here gona have the air con pumping

1 Like

it’s called “Heat” for a reason :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, Elektron confirmed that it will get physically hotter than their other boxes, so nothing to worry about

1 Like

Yeh man the only analog gear I got at the moment is the mothers the rest is digital, didn’t make the connection between analog and temperature so got a bit nervy haha it’s good Elektron communicates like that though

Oh yes, it does heat up. Yesterday after about 5 hours of “heating” I began to notice a weird smell… it was the plastic of the Ikea table below my AH that began to smell somewhat burned. I gave the heat a little break after that :wink:

1 Like

Just had to put a ducking ice pack on my heat in THE MIDDLE OF MY SHOW
Shit, I’m designing the music and sound for this play series with heat and takt.
Poor little guys started over heating and glitched out.

Beware friends

Of tiny hot theatres
And subversive comedy w/ trippy music

1 Like

Digitakt too? What was AH audio behavior?

The digitakt was butted up against the heat and in the moment I was racing to figure out what was happening; I don’t think the takt glitched.
The heat though basically started having major latency issues and was playing a file from ableton but heavily distorted (digitally).
The actors were amazing, they ran with it

1 Like

Pretty sure that is a driver issue not a heat issue. I have the same thing every now and then in the studio.
Still have to send elektron a ticket about it.

1 Like

Yeah if it was linked with Overbridge, not sure.

Even just using it as a sound card has been problematic to be frank. It will suddenly glitch out and everything will sound like it’s bitreduced. Clicks and pops are also an issue, even at 512 buffer setting. Every soundcard Ive had in the past that showed this behavior had problems with the driver. The driver of the heat is pretty old so guess it’s due for an update :slight_smile:

1 Like